Client allergic to eye pads never had this before

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi

I just had a client who came for eyelash extensions I used my gel lint free eye pads on her. Which she found painful and itchy so I had to remove them and didnt carry on with the treatment still 15mins later her eyes were still sore. I havent ever had anyone be allergic to the pads so she went home without having them done, is there anything else I could have used? or any pads I can buy for sensitive clients?

Thanks

Hi

I just had a client who came for eyelash extensions I used my gel lint free eye pads on her. Which she found painful and itchy so I had to remove them and didnt carry on with the treatment still 15mins later her eyes were still sore. I havent ever had anyone be allergic to the pads so she went home without having them done, is there anything else I could have used? or any pads I can buy for sensitive clients?

Thanks
The only thing my clients have had problems with are eye pads! I had one lady who felt her skin burn the minute they were applied. (I think it's collagen or Q10 that is the guilty ingredient)

I just use micropore tape on these ladies and they are fine.

Quite a few threads about this already so if you use the search facility I'm sure there's more info on this somewhere.

xx

Hi

The pads are a nightmare for me, I have red swollen eyes for days its definately the pads as when just use tape am fine. I can get away with my lashes being taped down then the pads placed lower down no reaction its just when they are close to the wet line.

Tried loads of different ones some are better than others but all cause me irration.

I just tell the girl who does my lashes just to use tape, saves her pads and I am 100% sure I wont react.

I would add I react to everything (even alcohol - I know its crap isnt it) I have very few ladies who react to the pads and have about 55 regular clients.

HTH

Deb
x

I know there is different eye pads on the market and everyone prefers different ones but i really like the gel pads as they cool and soothe the skin while you do the application.

i have this problem with my mum :( the pads just dont agree with her. i tried tape and she wasnt comfy either so i now use stickers that came in my kit that are for removal and she is fine with them! one of my best friends has bloodshot eyes after having her lashes done, she says she has very sensitive eyes and they have always done it even when she had her lashes done elsewhere. im going to try these stickers on her when shes next in for a touch up to see if that helps xx

Hi

Does every patch test for lash extensions? During training I was told it wasn't necessary because the glue doesn't touch the skin??? x

i wasnt taught to... although it was said if i have a client who is sensitive and has problems in the past then just to try a couple of lashes on them and the reaction would be noticable pretty much straight away xx

I have had severe reactions to eye lash extensions - it was so scary! Finally, my girl had s glue created without the one ingredient that causes reactions. BUT- yesterday I had a fill and my right eye is going crazy . I swear it's the patches . She told me people get irritated eyes from them sometimes. The only patches I don't react to are Nerium eye moisture boost patches.

Latest posts

Back