Client wanting to go lighter, a lot of build up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C22

Reaction score
So I have a client with a lot of colour build up coming in on sat morning. I did a strand test on her using bleach and 12%. It only came up to a orange/red. In already quite reluctant to do anything really, I've advised her that it will take time to get lighter as she has so much build up of colour( home colour) i think it's around a 4 with a violet tone to it. Some bits have faded to a 5.shes booked on for a half head highlights, as she doesn't want the expense of stripping it etc. she's got long thick hair, having a "trim" on the day.any advise what I can tone this with that will look good just scattered in her hair , she wanted to go like a caramel colour initially, do basically we r taking her lighter over time.

Try bleach with 6% on another strand and leave it for a bit longer the result will be better ;)

I left it for the full amount of time.50mins so u could see the maximum it would go to condition etc.

I left it for the full amount of time.50mins so u could see the maximum it would go to condition etc.

Yes but using 12% will only shock the hair!! When it comes to bleaching use lower strengths and leave for longer the lift will be slower but colour will be better.

Yes but using 12% will only shock the hair!! When it comes to bleaching use lower strengths and leave for longer the lift will be slower but colour will be better.

So true...never used to know this but ever since blue told me, i've been using no higher than 20 vol, results are so much nicer!

So true...never used to know this but ever since blue told me, i've been using no higher than 20 vol, results are so much nicer!

I'm glad you've noticed the difference!
Which affinage bleach do you use perry?

Oh ok, I'll do that on the day then see what it's like .. I knew it shocked the hair , never use it on clients to be honest I don't usually go higher than a 30vol. I did realise it worked better to do 20 vol tho to lift it more.. Thanks blue rinse x

I'm glad you've noticed the difference!
Which affinage bleach do you use perry?

I use Ice Creme usually because it lift's great with 20 vol even though it's ammonia free...especially in comparison to loreal ammonia free platinium...and it's contains peppermint, so it smells really nice and it feels nice on the clients scalp :)

I'm using spectrum a bit more at the moment but still not 100% confident with it, will be going on a course next month to learn it back to front lol

Latest posts

Back