Client wants Blue Hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHarvey

Reaction score
I have a young and rather trendy client coming to me on Saturday, She has short Wedgie 'Frankie" cut which we sliced through with l'oreal platinum plus and 30vol, looked great. Beautifully creamy and still Glossy and healthy (No buble Gum here!) this was 6 weeks ago. She popped in about 2 weeks ago saying 'love it! but i really wanna go silver!". I sent her away with the Paul Mitchell Platinum shampoo and when i saw her yesterday had taken on tone but not enough! I think she wants it really Blue! So was thinking on Saturday of topping up roots with Platinum then toning with an Ash but i am frighteed that rather then going blue it will go a dingy grey colour. We use L'oreal colours (Richesse,majerel,Inoa) Any suggestions?:eek:

Matrix so silver is fab! Maybe worth trying that! Or you can tone but watch it and get off as soon as starts turning blue

I think wella toners are fab! I used to have white/blue hair and used Wella 10/8 it looked lovely!! Also you can get the colour mouses and the rinses at the wholesalers i found them usefull when i had bleached hair it would make it go quite blue so had to dilute it but it will be good for your client to try be for she has it done but also when she does have it done to use to keep it silver/blue inbetween appointment :) x

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I think wella toners are fab! I used to have white/blue hair and used Wella 10/8 it looked lovely!! Also you can get the colour mouses and the rinses at the wholesalers i found them usefull when i had bleached hair it would make it go quite blue so had to dilute it but it will be good for your client to try be for she has it done but also when she does have it done to use to keep it silver/blue inbetween appointment :) x

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

9.02 in dia and leave it on to go silver!!! It's quite scared lol x

Was going to say would rather find something in the products we carry rather then getting something in. I have used 9.01 before but 9.02 always frightens me!

Fudge violet shampoo is the best i've used you can leave in on a few mins,it's quite strong,bit scarey when you firsy use it as there hair looks dark blue,but depending on how long you leave it gives a lovely tone.Might not be strong enough if she wants it really blue though.why not do a hair sample with ash toner while her roots are taking,then you'll feel more confident in the end result.good luck.:biggrin:

Was going to say would rather find something in the products we carry rather then getting something in. I have used 9.01 before but 9.02 always frightens me!

If she wants it's blue this will give it a more violetyblue which is better :) if you were to use 9.01 their is to much blue it wouldn't look right x

Hi. Did you use 10/8 on orange/yellow undercoat? If it too light it will go green?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back