Client with directions crazy colour .. Help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client who is a natural base 6 and has coloured her hair herself with directions crazy colour pillarbox red the past 2 times of colouring her hair.. I told her to please not come to me when she decided she no longer wanted this bright red hair but she has just contacted me pleading to get her hair back to brown!!
Can anyone suggest how they would do this to get this bright red hair to a nice brown please.. I use loreal majirel colour line!

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :) xx

You will have to give her a gentle bleach bath shampoo to take the red out, then you can color her dry hair with Majirel base 6 You may have to bleach bath a couple of times to remove the red. If there is still a bit too much red after the bleach bath shampoo, you could use the majirel metalic shade 6.07 to neutralise some of the red.

Either way, I would advice the client that she may have to expect some red in the final result as red colors can be extremely difficult to remove.

:biggrin:

Aren't these the ones in the little tubs?
They are only a temp colour and a good clarifying shampoo should do the trick. Send her a small bottle of the shampoo (decant into a £1 shop clear travel bottle ad put clarifying shampoo on with a sticky label) and ask her to use it 3/4 times and it should be out, if not 6.1 should cover the rest to take it to a flat 6 xoxo

Thanks for your responses :) Yes, that's the ones in the little tubs! The red is so bright though.. And although it says they are temp colours, they never seem to wash out!! .. Can I ask why you would use a 6.1 and not a 6.07 to neutralise the red tones tomme? X

It's a greener tone, and yeah with normal or colour shampoo and Home brands it will last, but clarifying will strip it xoxo

It's a greener tone, and yeah with normal or colour shampoo and Home brands it will last, but clarifying will strip it xoxo

Ok, will give it a go :) thank you for your help :) xxx

It's ok, my cousin uses the vile stuff and gets me to strip it out and alter quite often so i usually just say get some washing up liquid ad wash it all out first. But seeing as its on a proper client I'd say send some shampoo to them to look more professional xoxo

It's ok, my cousin uses the vile stuff and gets me to strip it out and alter quite often so i usually just say get some washing up liquid ad wash it all out first. But seeing as its on a proper client I'd say send some shampoo to them to look more professional xoxo

Lol! Yes, think I will opt for the shampoo option!!
Thank you :) x

Pillarbox red should fade to orange fairly quickly, if its on bleached hair you could probably use that orange tone as a prepig to put a brown over or you could do a really gentle bleach bath and it should come out fairly quickly. If its on her natural hair, the best thing to do would be to have a week or two of washing it every day. I find most directions colours dont last much longer than 2 weeks this way.

Pillarbox red should fade to orange fairly quickly, if its on bleached hair you could probably use that orange tone as a prepig to put a brown over or you could do a really gentle bleach bath and it should come out fairly quickly. If its on her natural hair, the best thing to do would be to have a week or two of washing it every day. I find most directions colours dont last much longer than 2 weeks this way.

It wasn't put on her natural hair, nor was it on bleached hair.. Before this she had done a permanent plum colour home box colour on it and then before that she told me she coloured her hair quite a lot and has also had it bleach bathed many times as she always changes her mind!! Xx

Start with a slap then haha. I can understand them using "semi" or even believing the 24 washes guff, but knowing they always change their mind so opting for permanents? Why?!? Xoxo

im confused , wouldnt you use 6.07 because 6.1 is blue ash ?

U 2 have just made me paranoid, 7 in my books are coppers. Xoxo

7 in majirel is green.

im confused , wouldnt you use 6.07 because 6.1 is blue ash ?

go in with effassor, no peroxide added just warm water and loreal silver shampoo, avoid the roots, you'll be left with an orange undertone, blue (in majirel) conteracts orange, thats why shes saying use blue ash, and, 6.1 is primary tone, wheras 6.07 is a secondary tone and wouldn't be strong enough anyway, you need a primary tone.

not loreal silver shampoo for blonde hair, the really strong one for grey hair in the silver bottle (not the pink) use this with effassor and warm water, and dont make the effassor thick!! make it quite runny before u mix in the shampoo,

U 2 have just made me paranoid, 7 in my books are coppers. Xoxo

6.01 is green ash in my books too, weird how colours are quite different. x

whether your doing a peroxide free effassor bath or gentle bleach bath, the undertone afterwards will still be orange, so blue ash will be needed and not green, directions and crazy colour is not hard to shift, a nice strong blue based is what is needed, x

I contacted my client today to let her know that I would be sending her some clarifying shampoo and what she was to do prior to her appt and she told me she had put a brown box dye over it but the red was still coming through.. Grr clients!! .. So do you think I could just do a 6.07 all over (just 6 on roots dependant on regrowth) or would you say bleach bathing first then put 6.1 all over would be best?

Thanks geeks :) xx

Just a thought...
I heard ages ago that putting neat peroxide onto crazy colour/directions removes it, we used it on a client years ago.
Don't quote me, It's just an idea
:) xox

Latest posts

Back