Client with evil kids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
Just reading about some one who had a bad day. Well, although my whole day wasn't that bad, I thought I'd tell you what happened when I went to one of my clients houses the other day!

Had a rebalance to do and dreading it. Not because the job was going to be bad or the client was horrible...........but...........THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!:Scared: :eek:

Picture: a 3 year old , a 7 year old and a 12 year old all girls. Cute eh? NOT!

I've never met anything so badly behaved! The 3 year old is not too bad but she doesn't know any better but the 7 and 12 year old........well........

The 12 year old is going through my case!:mad:
Then she's going through my diary!:mad:
Then she says "Why are YOU always here, Mommy doesn't want her nails done!":eek:

The 7 year old has to be centre of attention all the time and just because she wasn't, (while I was doing L&P) she took a big mouthful of tea and spat it all in my face!!!!:mad:
My client had to get a towel to dry me off!!!!! Can you beleive it.

The thing is this client spends a lot of money with me and she's really nice. Its a case of put up and shut up!

Anyone had anything similar or worse even, I would be interested to know.

Jules:smack:

OMG :Scared: :eek:

Poor you , I'd have completely lost my rag I think - really don't know what to suggest.
I had a lady that had started bringing her kids to the salon and they'd run around in the front fighting etc - thank god she always booked the last appt!! Anyway, in the end I couldn't stand it so I had a quiet word and explained my insurance didn't cover kids as there wasn't a specific childrens area ( a complete load of rubbish that I made up!!! :o ), but it did the job, she's relaxed and so am I and I don't have to clean up crushed sweets etc when they've all gone.

Some women may take offence but if it's making you feel that bad you've got to decide whether it is worth the stress.

Hope you figure out what to do, and a big hug to you cos I bet you were seething when you came out lol!!

Thanks for your reply Lou, glad its not just me then!

Guess I'm gonna put up with is as she spends quite a bit of cash with me.
Anyway gives us something to chin wag about!!!

I'll let you know if there are any more episodes.........(oh I hope not!)

Jules:)

Hi Julie

could you not persuade her to take a daytime appointment when the kids are at school? what a pain. i wish people would get someone to watch the kids whilst they are unable to move for 2 hours!

Already tried that one. Unfortunate situation! Good job I've got a good sense of humour!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

kizzycat said:
Hi Julie

could you not persuade her to take a daytime appointment when the kids are at school? what a pain. i wish people would get someone to watch the kids whilst they are unable to move for 2 hours!

This is going to sound awful!:o

Have you tried bribing the kids to watch tv and let mum have her nails done in piece! Nothing extravigant - I keep a bag of mini bars (kitkats, mars etc) in the glove compartment of my car - use them to bribe my daughter! The kids get the reward as soon as mums nails are finished - don't tell them what ur going to give them - just say 'a surprise' that works better. If all else fails - throw the whole bag at them!

As for the 12 year old - can't she make a cup of tea for her mum to enjoy while she's having her nails done! that should keep her out the way for 5 mins if this get really bad!

aw bless you!! I have a friend whos nails i do, she was a client but has become a good friend.

Her little boy has downs and i know its awfull to say and your all gonna hate me for saying it, but a dread going there when hes off school. Last year i took my two boys with me to play with him while i did her nails, they were terrified!! :Scared: he kept hitting them, biting them and wiping little men that came out of his nose on them!!! :eek:
I had to vow i would never take them there again! anyway they usually stay with my sister if i have to go there during school hols.
Whenever i go he calls me a cow, bas--rd, say smy nails are crap, spits things at me, chucks things at me. You know its horrible i should really have danger money!!!! But i feel awfull for feeling the way i do because he is disabled and his older brothers set him up to say alot of things. I know where your coming from though because usually i find my job very rewarding and relaxing but i come out of there sssooo stressed!!!

Nooooo! I can't believe it - is this a dream????

Not very nice children!!!!

I have'nt read the other replies, but please don't be afraid to have nice quiet word with these children's mother. Nothing nasty, just say to her that you have to concentrate whilst doing her nails and that it would be nice if the children could be a bit more settled when you come. I can understand a now and again interruption, but tea being spat in your face is way out of order! The 12 year old - well she should know better too!

The nearest I got to this situation was a friend wanting to bring her 2 not so nice children to my house when she came for infills. I bit the bullet and told her not to (in a nice way), as there was no way I could have worked whilst my house was being shredded to bits!

Hi,

Im new to this site (and loving it!!) but I would like to offer you a little advice on a polite way of putting it to this lady, Ive used it myself and its not happened since.

You could work it into the conversation that when children are present you can't help but devote a good 50% of your attention to the child (and the child's safety in the salon environment etc.). Whether you want to or not you just cannot devote 100% attention to their nails.

What disgusting behavior.. If I was that woman I would have been ashamed of myself having brats like that!

Hope she tipped you?!

I would say to her that it is difficult to concentrate with the children around and that you are also concerned that they are around when you are using chemicals.

Good luck. (You need it by the sounds of it you poor thing.)

Miss B. x

Absolute little bas**ards! I can't believe it!

All this is acting as a huge warning to me for when I go mobile, I'm already thinking of how to deal with the children issue!

Hiya, what annoys me is when the mothers say and do nothing leaving it to us to tell them, its not my job to teach other people kids to behave. They have a fasination with nail tips, if they are polite i will give them 1 or 2 but when they go on and on, i think stuff ya. The parents are to blame...no guide lines. I do nails at home with my kids here, and my clients dont even know they are here, only when my eldest Ria (sweetheart) asks "would you like a drink at all".....best of luck xxx

Oh this brought back memories of when i used to be mobile,,,,note i say USED to be mobile :lol: it was one of the main reasons i stopped. I remember the last appointment that made my mind up was of a client who had a very badly behaved 3 yr old,,what should have taken 2 hours tops took nearly 4, luckily i had no client afterwards. long story but basically child was in all my stuff, client was stopping every 10 mins to either take her to toilet, make her a drink, make her something to eat which unbelievably was grilling sausages which she had to check every few minutes to make a sausage sandwich,list is endless, i must have used half a bottle of Scrubfresh on the women!
Nightmare :twisted: that day i gave it up (mobiling not nails)

OM Lord!!! As you may or may not know, I have 2 boys - Haydn (going on 13) and Dexter (almost 5). Haydn is the son of my first husband and is an angel... kind, loving and thoughtful; not a moment of hassle yet:eek: I know he is about to become a teen but he is wonderful!!

On to Dexter (son of GMG)!! i FELL in love ALL over again when I had Dexter even though there is 7 years between him and his brother it was like doing it from scratch all over again! He is a cool little dude but different....OMG!!! Sooooo different!! He is very smart, very sassy and obsessed with certain things... Toy Story (positive); his heel in his socks.... oh the tears if his heel is not properly in his socks... he just gets desperate about 'mad' situations!!!

Sorry :o my point being.... one day, Haydn says to me that one of his friends from school said the 'F' word to his mum (they were 10 at the time) and he said his mum didn't do anything, she just said "Oh Michael don't be so rude"...apparently my Haydn said " Wow, if I had said that to my mum, she would have booted me from one end of the school hall to the other" (laughing I may add... I am strict but NOT mother from hell) ... my point to Haydn was... THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T SAY THESE THINGS AND Micheal does... he is allowed to get away with it... I have no idea where I am going with this but thought it was relevent in some way!!

I will shut up now!!! :o :eek: :Love:

Hi

I can see where your going Mrs geek and defiantly agree. Thats the way i treat my two boys firm but not mother from hell. They don't always like it but well tough! .... :lol:

So i think the point is not all children behave this way, this mother obviously has no control over her children i do feel its the way you bring them up you cant expect them to act like angels when you want them to if you don't show them the correct way to behave and thats a full time job. IMO some parents just don't bother or they go the passive route and just hope that there kids will somehow turn out OK. Some do but then most don't.

Heck now i am off on one i will shut up now too. :lol:

I wouldn't have been able to control myself I'm afraid.
Money or not I wouldn't allow anyone to spit tea in my face.
I would have stood up there and then and walked out and refused to go back unless they weren't there.
That is apalling.

You poor thing! You did so well to grin and bear it. Maybe next time only take your clients appointments during school hours, that would guarantee you some peace and quiet. Chin up, you did well. xx

Thanks for all your replies so far, it's been really interesting to read your views. I am happy to say that , I now feel like I'm NOT over reacting!

I have a 9 month old boy myself, and he is an absolute diamond. Eats every vegetable,fruite and "mummys home cooking"! Goes to bed and I don't hear a peep out of him until 7am. And he's always smiling (and that's while he's teething).
I just hope he stays that way, all I can say is that having these experiences with other peoples kids is a real lesson for me.HOW NOT TO LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!

Cheers everyone!
:hug:

Hi Jules

Dont know if this helps but it workes for me sometimes( note sometimes)

I had a couple of clients one had a little boy 5ys n a girl 10ys, the other a couple of girls twins naughty was'nt the word, much the same sort o thing attention seeking, want, want, wanting into everthing, mum of boy n girl ran around after them all the time, the other mum not that much bothered what the girls did, anyway used to be pulling my hair out when i came out of the house, (like the clients very much,)
Thought of all sorts of things to keep them occupied, you know bribery, chattin gifts etc,
Gettin back to the point, a friend of mine had a little girl barbie barbie mad, i was there one day when she was playing with one of thes dolls heads , you put make up on, as i was there to do infils the little girl decided to get her barbie set out nail varnish, just plastic bottles, but when you paint them on the dolls nails they change colour!:idea: So i bought a little plastic make up set cheapy from woolies, put some coloured water in them n a bit o cuticle oil, wh
next time i went to see my two clients,(got a picknick table i carry just in case) set my self up with mum, n then set kids up with table n pleanty o tissues, old towel and told them to take turns on each other,it :biggrin: yipeeeeeee (it was good fun,)
as i said it works sometimes, somat to try,
good luck :Love: christi xxx

Hiya, Yes its a great idea, and i will treat my girls to this over easter, they love nails and stuff..but is it really our job to entertain these kids. It sounds to me like you have gone outta your way to keep these kids happy, which i do admire but what thanks do you get and its extra time taken on your part. Such a shame that some mothers cant think of the same to keep them happy while we do what we are trained to do and get paid for ...nails, not childrens entertainer.

This is not a negative reply to you hun, pls dont be offended...i think its a fab idea but i will save it for my own kids, not naughty ones. xxx

Latest posts

Back