Client with problem pinkies - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mootiful

Reaction score
I had a client contact me that her pinkies seem to be crumbly, she was asking for advice.

She had opi GelColor 3 times keeping it on for 3 weeks each time then I would remove and redo. The last time she had the opi gel break nail treatment 6 weeks ago.

I suggested to keep putting on cuticle oil and using hand cream and to give a light buff over the nail. I also said as it could possibly be an underlying condition if it didn't improve she could see her gp.

Has anyone got any other advice? She said she won't be getting her nails gelled again :-/

TIA

Not sure i understand what is happening, can you get photos?

If a nail is breaking buffing it is not a good idea as you'll thin it which will weaken it even more

Not sure i understand what is happening, can you get photos?

If a nail is breaking buffing it is not a good idea as you'll thin it which will weaken it even more
Hi

Thanks. I'm not sure how they actually look as she hasn't been back in, she just sent me an email. She described her pinkies as crumbly, I guess it's maybe peeling, strange it's just her pinkies, I didn't think there looked like any damage when I did them the last time.

I only give nails a light buff when I do them so don't feel I've over buffed, I also don't force the gel off when removing, I'll reapply the wraps if it hasn't came off so I don't feel it's from my technique.

xx

That’s a very vague description... ask her to text you a photo... I don’t think it would have anything to do with the gel polish it sounds like you are taking great care....

The word crumbly makes me think of a fungal infection

Certainly if a nail is on the verge of a fungal infection, sealing it all in with a gel polish will make it much worse

Sorry to be dim, so are you saying the GelColor has now been off for six weeks? Do you think she's "buffed" with something too coarse? Agree with trinity buffing is not a good idea for an already compromised nail

Would be good to get a pic.

Latest posts

Back