Clients and deposits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
erghh :mad:

i had two hair extensions booked for today whoch took up pretty much my whole day as it takes so long and in salon alone. they booked last week (friends) and came in and paid deposit etc. so ive had to arrange other bookings for 2moro morning or late last night as you do..

anyway today 10.15 was their booking. waited until 11.00am no sign of them.
i cofirmed with them yesterday.

so i called them after i calmed my breathing down :rolleyes: and they didnt pick up. so i dialled again using 141 (withheld number) i do it to see if people are just ignoring the salon phone.

she answered and her response was ' oh cant come now as we are going to meet a mate who has come down from xyz'

i said to her that the day was pretty much booked out forher and her freinds extensions and why didnt did they confirm it yesterday :rolleyes:?

she said ' oh we just decided and we were going to call on monday to do it friday or sat next week.'

anyway i feel that she has forfeited her deposit in my opinion she hasnt even arranged another appointment.
she knew she had to give me at least 48 hours notice.. and plus her attitude wasnt even like she was sorry they just decided not to come..and just assumed id just book it again whenever they called me.

if they do book again would it be fair to charge her as a new booking or is that too harsh?

this is my first time that someone who pays a deposit doesnt turn up or let me know they cant come..

sorry its a long post lol :eek:

Thats bang out of order!!! If i was you if she books again id book her as a new booking and charge another deposit. maybe then she'l realise she cant mess you around as she wont want to lose anymore momey. Thats why you have deposits to start with! Her attitude was downright rude and id be inclined to refuse to treat her! (maybe im just harsh!!:lol:)

Kim x

even if in my opinion something v.bad happened it wouldnt happen to both of them (very unlikely).
i dont see why they both didnt turn up.

i think they'l probably ring some point next week to fix another day i expect.

but i feel they should both pay the full price again as i explained to them when they paid the deposit.

but i expect they would think as they are re-arranging (although not told me when) then wont have to.
but im now wary of putting them back in my diary incase they do it again.
it is alot of time to put aside to do extensions for 2 people but they obviously dont care.

im more annoyed i had to ring an hour after they were due not the other way round.

i think i may just say them we dont re-book after a no-show or something. or if they do they will have to book in again as a new client and ring the day before they want it done to see if we have availability.

Keep the deposit and tough it out. If they want to rebook (which I would doubt) take another deposit. Otherwise whats to stop them keep booking you and not showing.

they obviously think they can get away with it time and time again. did u say they were friends of yours? maybe thats why?
but look at it this way its better to not have them as clients than have them wasting your time!! you could be using that time on someone else. its not like its just a trim - its a full days work!!

be firm and stand by them payin another deposit - if they wont then its their loss as theyl have to find somewhere else!!

Ooh and good luck with your baby - im havin a baby on 12th Nov!!!!!!

you could just tell them that your policy is that you will require the full price up front for the next appt as they didn't show and if they don't like it then unfortunately you won't be able to treat them - at the end of the day they sound more trouble than their worth - these aren't the sort of clients you want as regulars - how rude of them

Keep the deposit and tough it out. If they want to rebook (which I would doubt) take another deposit. Otherwise whats to stop them keep booking you and not showing.

thats my thoughts exactly..

tbh i think they will ring as in their opinion they have paid a deposit but i dont think they realize they have lost it now.
they were rushing off the phone so she just said 'oh i call sometime next week to arrange it again'

but i fully explained everything when booking. im sure you deal with this all the time.im defintely not refunding anything that is out of the question as i used it to buy the hair already :rolleyes:.

they obviously think they can get away with it time and time again. did u say they were friends of yours? maybe thats why?
but look at it this way its better to not have them as clients than have them wasting your time!! you could be using that time on someone else. its not like its just a trim - its a full days work!!

be firm and stand by them payin another deposit - if they wont then its their loss as theyl have to find somewhere else!!

Ooh and good luck with your baby - im havin a baby on 12th Nov!!!!!!

no not my freinds (or id really be mad lol).. both friends with each other..
yeah they booked out my whole day i was really upset as my whole time had been wasted.
ive had 'no-shows' before but smaller aapointments which isnt as bad.

congratulations your due just after me :).. do you know what your having...?

Return the hair, get the money back and keep it. Thats what a deposit is for.
They booked you for a WHOLE DAY and didnt show. To not twig that they would lose their deposits they would have to be p*gsh*t thick.
It is hard to tough it out if confronted, and we all want to please our clients, but these girls made sure that you lost a whole days pay. I would personally be amazed if they tried to rebook anyway.
Some clients cost you more than you earn from them. Recognise these (toxic) clients and keep them away from your salon. x

you could just tell them that your policy is that you will require the full price up front for the next appt as they didn't show and if they don't like it then unfortunately you won't be able to treat them - at the end of the day they sound more trouble than their worth - these aren't the sort of clients you want as regulars - how rude of them

i think its alot less hassle just to not rebook really.

Return the hair, get the money back and keep it. Thats what a deposit is for.
They booked you for a WHOLE DAY and didnt show. To not twig that they would lose their deposits they would have to be p*gsh*t thick.
It is hard to tough it out if confronted, and we all want to please our clients, but these girls made sure that you lost a whole days pay. I would personally be amazed if they tried to rebook anyway.
Some clients cost you more than you earn from them. Recognise these (toxic) clients and keep them away from your salon. x
i think i just have to get used to turning people away if its for the best.....getting their slowly..

they want get deposits back anyway as i think i should get something for my day being wasted..

and i wasnt even going to go down the deposit route and im soooo glad i did now.

This happened to me when i first opened the same girl did it 3 times, 2nd and 3rd time i took deposits and wouldn't refund them (why should i? she didn't cancel the appointment she just didn't show up) Anyway she came into my salon again (no apologies or embarrassment, where as i would be mortified if i did it, which i wouldn't anyway) and told her she could have the appointment if she paid the balance in full when booking.

She never took the appointment and she's never been in since. So that was that one solved!

I know it's frustrating especially when they don't seem to care, but remember it's business and there is a reason why we take deposits.

Big hugs though because it's easier said than done at first :hug::hug:

HI,
Not sure if this will help. But I charge for the cost of the hair extensions and take a deposit, then if they turn up, the hair extensions and part of the application is paid for and if they don't turn up, then they loose there deposit. If they decide to rebook, then they have to pay a deposit agian, and the last deposit is taken off the amount. The first deposit is forefit as they were a no show. The hair extensions have been paid for, so you haven't lost any money there.

Good luck, I know how annoying it can be....

This happened to me when i first opened the same girl did it 3 times, 2nd and 3rd time i took deposits and wouldn't refund them (why should i? she didn't cancel the appointment she just didn't show up) Anyway she came into my salon again (no apologies or embarrassment, where as i would be mortified if i did it, which i wouldn't anyway) and told her she could have the appointment if she paid the balance in full when booking.

She never took the appointment and she's never been in since. So that was that one solved!

I know it's frustrating especially when they don't seem to care, but remember it's business and there is a reason why we take deposits.

Big hugs though because it's easier said than done at first :hug::hug:

its amazing the nerve some people have if these didint turn up again i wouldnt rebook.

im hoping they dont call anyway..

yeah im not quite in the tough zone.. lol :eek: im better then when i first opened but not quite there yet...

HI,
Not sure if this will help. But I charge for the cost of the hair extensions and take a deposit, then if they turn up, the hair extensions and part of the application is paid for and if they don't turn up, then they loose there deposit. If they decide to rebook, then they have to pay a deposit agian, and the last deposit is taken off the amount. The first deposit is forefit as they were a no show. The hair extensions have been paid for, so you haven't lost any money there.

Good luck, I know how annoying it can be....

at the mo i just take deposit for cost of extensions but this has made me think i should increase deposit abit more as a deposit for my time also.

its a good way how you do it..

at the mo i just take deposit for cost of extensions but this has made me think i should increase deposit abit more as a deposit for my time also.

its a good way how you do it..

It is so hard at first and some clients really intimidated me so i'd forget to ask for a deposit but i soon learnt!

I would also work out how much you charge an hour for your time and how long it would take, then charge 50% of it on top of the cost of the hair extensions.

It's your time and beause they didn't let you know you couldn't take any more bookings. In my experience you often find the ones who make a fuss about the deposit are normally the ones who don't turn up!

They make me so mad these people.

Whenever you do something, what is your intention? You took a deposit for what reason? So they wouldn't cancel/not show?

Right, so they did that and that means that their desposit is now yours. It's up to you, but if you really need their business, which is totally understandable, I would say 'Ok, I'll let you re-book this once, but you have to pay IN FULL and UP FRONT. End of. No refunds. xxx

Latest posts

Back