Client's Belongings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koskinas

Reaction score
Hi
I was wandering what everyone's policy was with dealing with client's belongings coats, bags etc. with regards to security and also good customer service.

I was wandering if anyone had a really good system in place.

Your help would be much appreciated. :Grope:

Thanks in advance

If I was concerned, I'd post a disclaimer notice where clients could easily see that it was their responsibility to ensure their belongings were safe.

I have a poster telling clients to please take care of their personal property as their possessions are not under supervision therefore the salon does not take responsibility for any loss or damage.
thank you for your consideration then sign my name to it.
I have noticed since putting up the poster most clients take their items off and put them in a purse or handbag, but when I do nails or massage they are in a kidney dish by the side of them or where they can see them at all times. :) never had anything go missing so hopefully never will.

I once found a clients watch in my washing machine. She took it off to get her tan done and forgot to put it back on. It was bundled up with all the towels for laundry and subsequently put thru a wash in my machine! She came in looking for it the next day and I had to tell her wot happened. It ended up I had to pay for the repair as I didn't have a disclaimer up. Needless to say, I got one on the wall the very next day! I always seem to learn the hard way!x

I went to a restaurant the other day where your seat opened up and you put your bag in it and then sat on it. I thought that was a good idea but may not work in a salon. If you have the space you could put in some lockers. :hug:

i will put one just to be on the safe side

Thanks for the advice guys, I will put up a notice near the reception desk!
:)

Latest posts

Back