Clients comments ..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya everyone xx..all well i hope.

I try not to do this very often but i am sorry i need a little moan.

On the whole i have great clients but i have one or two who say the most annoying things. One just rang and said "hiya its me...when can you do my nails cos they look c**p, i had to cut them cos they broke and all sorts, they are a real mess" she has a natural nail overlay...she came to me a nail biter..with very short nails...i tipped her at first and after a few infill's they had grown underneath, so i soaked em off (as a few had broken or been bitten) and did a natural nail overlay...3 months on and she has nice long nails. She doesn't come every 2-3 weeks...she just rings when she thinks they look messy. I last did her nails 4 weeks ago...i saw her last week in a shop picking the glitter off and dropping it on the floor...this means she is picking the product off...therefore the strength...and she wonder's why they are breaking.:evil:

Couldn't she have just said...Hiya i need a appointment please, instead of what she did say...dont they realize that its hurtful, and dam rude. They didn't look c**p when she left me or a mess....so its all her own doing and picking and biting.

Ok...I feel better now...just venting that. xxx:hug:

Aww hun!

Chin up!

You know your work isn't c*** - i have seen it!

Just ignore throw away comments like that - we are probably more sensitive to things said with us bein techs - if we weren't we probably wouldn't think twice about making daft comments.

You know your stuff so forget it.

Heres a big :hug: x x x x

Aw Angie,

we all get people like this - maybe we should reply with lines like - "well you made them crap, not me" but we are all too nice and realise that would be rude.

Make sure that you don't jump through firey hoops to fit her in and charge her accordingly - get that "welcome and wipe your feet" off your forehead girl LOL - I keep rubbing but it hasn't come off mine yet.

I would take it that she meant that they look crap NOW as opposed to when you did them. Why not have a joke and say "Oh yeah, I know why they look crap. I saw you picking them in so and so shop". Make a joke of it.

Then when she comes back, make another joke and say "What am I gonna do with you.............you're not a very good ad for my business if you keep picking them off."

Don't take it personally doll. xxxxx

Hi Angie
Dont worry hun, as you know with our job, we will meet all sorts of people. Sometimes we can take the harsh and thoughtless comments and sometimes we just cant, depending on what mood we might be in....
The annoying thing is that sometimes they catch us off-guard when they say such meaningless things, so it leaves us shocked and annoyed.
There will always be one in the crowd. Look at the way some people just value your work and the money they pay you to do it. They come back with well taken care nails and some....?!
Just ignore, its not worth it... You know who your caring clients are.:hug: :hug:

hi angie i would tell her at next appointment that your becoming very busy with xmas and all and recommend that she books ahead for every 2-3 weeks, that way she's guaranteed an appointment when it suits her, and make sure every nail thats off when she arrives she's charged for it- i call it my pickers fee.some clients will take advantage of you if their able to, i might sound abit over the top but it keeps those kind of clients in line. good luck with her, and im sure your works fab!xx

melody jayne said:
hi angie i would tell her at next appointment that your becoming very busy with xmas and all and recommend that she books ahead for every 2-3 weeks, that way she's guaranteed an appointment when it suits her, and make sure every nail thats off when she arrives she's charged for it- i call it my pickers fee.some clients will take advantage of you if their able to, i might sound abit over the top but it keeps those kind of clients in line. good luck with her, and im sure your works fab!xx

Good advice Melody Jane...............

Working with the public is an ABSOLUTE JOY!!!!!!!

Your all right...I think maybe had she had said this yesterday it would have flew over my head...but i had a nightmare with the kids this morning getting them to school and then i just get back and she rings. Don't know whats up with me...things like this don't usually get to me, but she did. Maybe i am just feeling low..dunno. Oh well.

Thanks everyone who took the time to read and answer my thread...means alot. xxx

MORNIN' STRESS HEAD LOL

Angie we has this conversation the other night didnt we i think that for some of them its financially not viable to keep up with 2 week appointments.

SO....they stretch it to 3 + and by which time they have SHOT IT. It makes our life hard work......just keep telling her every time she comes not to pick it off....explain about the peeling off of the first few layers of her nail plate...she'll get the hint EVENTUALLY.

Its nothing to do with YOUR application or THE PRODUCT babes.

chin up chicken:) .

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sometimes you are a victim of your own talents. I have a couple of clients now who, when they first came to me, came fortnightly then that stretched to 3-weekly and now I have 2 who come as seldom as possible. They are charged for new sets if there is too much work to be done. I tell them that it is not doing their nails any favours stretching it so long, but ....

If a client rings and tells me their nails look crap, I certainly don't take it personally and I don't think they are criticising my work, otherwise they wouldn't return.

I think you are feeling down Angie (and feeling crap) and taking comments negatively. You are a fab technician with passion, great skill and dedication. Chin up - that big black cloud will lift soon.:hug:

HI

Angie don't take it personally that's just the way some people speak. She cant think your work is crap or she wouldnt keep on coming back.

Just let it go over your head.

Angie. I bet you feel better now thats off your chest. Hee hee
Come on girl, anymore, spit it out.
I know what your saying I have a lady just the same.
Her partner loves her nails and I think she goes over the top..... in the bedroom...... if you get my meaning. He likes her to scratch his back Mmmmmmmmmmm. say no-more. She says '' I don't know why a couple have broke or chipped'' I dont do anything to them. A piece just dont break off a corner now does it.?
So im with you on that one.
Sherry

mandy121060 said:
Angie. I bet you feel better now thats off your chest. Hee hee
Come on girl, anymore, spit it out.
I know what your saying I have a lady just the same.
Her partner loves her nails and I think she goes over the top..... in the bedroom...... if you get my meaning. He likes her to scratch his back Mmmmmmmmmmm. say no-more. She says '' I don't know why a couple have broke or chipped'' I dont do anything to them. A piece just dont break off a corner now does it.?
So im with you on that one.
Sherry

eek too much information !!!! lol

amb x

Latest posts

Back