Client's spray tan didn't develop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenD

Reaction score
Hi, Did a spray tan for two lovely ladies yesterday as they were due to appear in a play that evening using St Tropez Dark. You could see the colour sarting to develop as I was leaving but today I've had a text saying that it all washed off this morning apart from their faces. I've never had this problem before but I'm wondering if the heat from the stage lights could have caused it to come off? Please help!

Ask them to tell you exactly what they did, all products they used (even shower gel, soap etc..).

It is possible that they have used a product that has stripeed the tan - I have been told DOVE shower gel can do this if used to wash the tan off - it's not so bad if used for the second/third shower but apparently it can wash all the colour away if used for the first shower when washing the guide off.

Hi, Did a spray tan for two lovely ladies yesterday as they were due to appear in a play that evening using St Tropez Dark. You could see the colour sarting to develop as I was leaving but today I've had a text saying that it all washed off this morning apart from their faces. I've never had this problem before but I'm wondering if the heat from the stage lights could have caused it to come off? Please help!
hi i had a similar problem last summer when the client said the tan hadn't worked i tried all sorts and was very new to tanning myself then. we came to the conclusion it was the spray tan gun and that the pressure through the gun wasn't enough as the salon had had it a long time, we got a new machine and no problems since. Worth you checking your equipment. hope this helps

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

Is this an express tan? Just wondering as they got it done on the same day as they appeared in the play....
As Baggybear says you need to ask exactly what they did and see it as soon as possible. I'm thinking of make up and costumes before the tan has developed.

just speaking from my own experience of self tanning...
i tried to self tan when i was away on holiday on a very hot day. My tan did not take at all, even though I left it on for my usual amount of time. Looking back I think it was because my skin was sweating rather than absorbing product.
Hence why you don't do aromatherapy massage after a sauna! The oils aren't absorbed

just an idea for you to consider..

Yes I think heat can play a big part too. I done a couple of girls for prom last year and it was boiling outside. We own a sunbed shop too so the salon was roasting. They both messaged back the next day and said their tan didn't develop. The only other time this has happened was with my friend who went swimming the same day and it didn't develop on her either so must have been due to the chlorine. x

No it wasn't the express one and I did voice my concerns before doing it thankfully.In the end I expained why and offered a free re spray to both clients but neither took me up on it!

Latest posts

Back