Colorphlex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I have just come across an article in the hj about Colorphlex saying it "reinforces the disulphide bonds" so it's not just something that coats the hair then temporarily? Has anyone used it yet?

I had a chat with a colourpHlex rep in capital the other day and then took a sample to try. I used it on a client who wanted to go from dark grey Demi lv5 to pastel peach and vibrant copper.
The colourpHlex didn't take any longer than I would have thought my bleach would need, lifted it to a pale yellow, no breakage at all, the hair was still strong and cuticles still intact perfectly. I'll Defo be using it again x

I might give it a try, also how do you advertise this sort of thing? Like on your website or FB page.

they have an ad on the back cover of HJ this month giving away free samples if you email them.. i have just emailed them as interested in this product after roxys post above.

they have an ad on the back cover of HJ this month giving away free samples if you email them.. i have just emailed them as interested in this product after roxys post above.

[email protected] is the email address to get your free sample.

Does anyone know what ingredient in this product rebuilds bonds?

They say it's a naturally derived vegetable protein molecule that reinforces the bonds. No exact mention of what it's called exactly. X

I've just emailed them asking

So, it's a protien treatment?

Even here in Germany they're advertised prior to Olaplex. My colleges even think it's the same.

I really, truly, don't believe they are the same. I think they have done a really good job of promoting that themselves. What I really think is that it is a terrible shame the olaplex hasn't been available. I do believe that once it is, the rest of them will go away.

Last edited:
Colorphlex is in no way comparable to Olaplex. That product is composed of preservatives and silicone modified vegetable proteins that are incapable of rebuilding or cross linking broken bonds within the hair.

Ingredient deck breaks down as follows for Colorphlex:
Water - main solvent
Hydrolyzed vegetable protein PG Propyl Silanetriol - artificially modified amino acid from vegetables and also a film forming compound
Phenoxyethanol - preservative

I also encourage you to check out the independent review from ABCH.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/OLAPLEX-Tested-Again.html?soid=1102356594365&aid=RGJVd8Idfn4

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Vice President of Education
Olaplex LLC

Well I would love to use olaplex in my salon but it's still not on offer to us in scotland yet, I'm surely not the only one tempted by all these other companies coming in saying they can do the same job.

OLAPLEX........WHERE ARE YOU????
Us hairdresser's, unable to access your product will be 'persuaded' to try the 'look-e-like-e' .
Come on........supply us, we're all waiting! :):):)

OLAPLEX........WHERE ARE YOU????
Us hairdresser's, unable to access your product will be 'persuaded' to try the 'look-e-like-e' .
Come on........supply us, we're all waiting! :):):)

Olaplex is available now! If you have any issues, please email me directly and I can get you in touch with Star Qualities Ltd who is handling distribution for UK.

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Olaplex LLC

Just looked at the olaplex page (UK) and you have to register an interest. Can mobile hairdressers get it or is it only for salons? X

I have been on the phone to them today and am waiting on a callback. I registered eons ago now and am expecting to be one of the last as I freelance. If anyone knows the price of the travel kit (15 applications) please inbox me!

Just looked at the olaplex page (UK) and you have to register an interest. Can mobile hairdressers get it or is it only for salons? X

Olaplex will be available to all professional hairdressers. They are fulfilling pre-orders first and then going through their list. If you need anything, you can email me directly. [email protected]

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Olaplex LLC

So, after reading lots of threads over the year with some stylists attempting to colour over processed dry hair, and if this colourphlex is protein based surly its a disaster waiting to happen.
Adding protein to hair that needs moisture isn't going to work

Does anyone know what ingredient in this product rebuilds bonds?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1436278076.953068.jpg

Latest posts

Back