Colour clarification!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbillie

Reaction score
When you want to put a different vol peroxide on the roots to the mid-lengths and ends, do you need to mix up 2 lots of colour? Especially useful if mixing 2 lots of tint or to avoid wastage.

Could you, for example, mix up the tint with say 20 vol, put it on roots, leave for 20 minutes, then add some distilled water into the remaining colour (therefore diluting it to approximately 10 vol) and apply to mid-lengths and ends for the remaining 25 minutes?

We were taught at college to add water to the mix when “refreshing the ends” for the last 5-10 minutes.

Please excuse my ignorance if this question is a complete load of rubbish or I have got anything wrong! I am still learning! :confused:

Technically you could use the same tint as it would have oxidised somewhat by the time you applied it to the mid lengths and ends. I would add water too or at least spray the hair damp. But it depends on what build up you may have, to refresh i tend to use a quasi then permenant on the roots. much better condition xx

Technically you could use the same tint as it would have oxidised somewhat by the time you applied it to the mid lengths and ends. I would add water too or at least spray the hair damp. But it depends on what build up you may have, to refresh i tend to use a quasi then permenant on the roots. much better condition xx

That makes sense JoJo but would you mix up your own quasi because how would you get the same shade otherwise? We were taught at college how to mix your own quasi.

Latest posts

Back