Colour Correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevoir76

Reaction score
Being Very needy today :) I have a client who's hair is naturally approx 8/3 to 8/4, she's bleached her hair to aalovely yellow straw colour :/ She has a good 5-6inch regrowth too. She now wants me to tone it down keeping it as light as possible without using bleach but an over all colour oh and reducing the warmth too!!

I'm thinking quasi or semi due to condition but what colour????? Help :)

She's asking the impossible! U can't match the lightness of a bleach with a tint. I'd be recommended hightlights and low lights.. That way u can tone down the brassiness and still lift the roots but your coming away from a full head bleach. If she still insists on a full head colour I could put base 8 with some ash in.. But put a few bleach highlights through it at the same time to give a little extra lift and make it lighter..

Being Very needy today :) I have a client who's hair is naturally approx 8/3 to 8/4, she's bleached her hair to aalovely yellow straw colour :/ She has a good 5-6inch regrowth too. She now wants me to tone it down keeping it as light as possible without using bleach but an over all colour oh and reducing the warmth too!!

I'm thinking quasi or semi due to condition but what colour????? Help :)

Are the roots the same as the rest or has she not touched them?
if the rest of the hair yellow use a colour with violet ash in, normally .2 in most colour ranges, if orange use blue ash .1 so find out what base she wants to be and see if it's possible to tone it out but keep the lightness. :) oh and here is a good point to recommend silver shampoo and good treatments for aftercare :)

I really dont understand how she wants u to tone it down but keep it as light as possible?! I'd get to the bottom of that with a consultation.. She either wants to be lighter or back to her natural colour.. No wonder your confused! Lol

highlift roots with 12/96 then comb through for last 10 mins? someone correct me if this is wrong. Maybe the client wants it as light as possible without the use of bleach and toning down the yellow. I'd definately find out exactly what she's aiming for x

Just tell her that you will have to use bleach to get the lightest blonde achievable and then use pink platinum if u can as it's less abrasive than the usual harsh bleaches and then MAKE her have a treatment every week. But I agree with the others shes asking the impossible!! if u use a semi u will be strait back to square one in 3 washes plus if her hair is that sensitised it will look really lank and washed out x

highlift roots with 12/96 then comb through for last 10 mins? someone correct me if this is wrong. Maybe the client wants it as light as possible without the use of bleach and toning down the yellow. I'd definately find out exactly what she's aiming for x

Looking at the original post 8/3 & 8/4 I'm picturing a strawberry blonde/redhead.. I find redheads really hard to lift.. Even with a tint.. Even if it did lift with 5 inch roots there's bound to be some banding? I'm not going against your advice.. But am wondering what range u use? Don't you find some ash tints make the hair darker?

I use wella. 12/96 is a high lift tint and should lift 4/5 levels with 12% peroxide. probably 4 levels on red hair. Be kinder tho to just bleach with lower peroxide. There shouldn't be banding as the tint only deposits tone the last 10 mins.

Latest posts

Back