Going darker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Can I just check your thoughts,
Client is base 8/9 very fine hair,
Used to have highlights then went to full head bleach and tone, now wants to go darker so can go longer between colours,

I’ll attach the pictures of desired look and current colour,(the right hand, short hair selfie)

As she’s naturally so light, do I still need to pretone the hair? Or is that more for a level 5/6?
I know to add the gold but I’m scared of it going ginger- she wants ash so I don’t want it falling flat!
Any colour touch recommendations?
Thanks

Attachments

• 274ed2d1-f8a6-4ce3-be04-006726d9c902.jpeg
    274ed2d1-f8a6-4ce3-be04-006726d9c902.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • a75333fe-a705-4065-beb7-401cb1715f8b.jpeg
    a75333fe-a705-4065-beb7-401cb1715f8b.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0
I would do a reverse balayage with lowlights and have u used shades eq ? Redken ? You can use this and add the warmth in the mix 8wg 7nb 7n
The good thing with using shades eq is it will be gentle in hair and you get a lovely soft grow out and it lasts better than a permanent colour hope this helps x x x

IMG_6649.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6657.jpeg
    IMG_6657.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I'd probably go in with colour touch 6/7 + 7/73 and 1.9% no need for pretone with this formula and then for the toner I'd use 3 parts 10/6 + 1 part 10/18

Thanks, would you agree to maybe pick out the blonde as highlights and cover in foil then colour around, or just do this as lowlights and then tone all over after? Or tone while the dark colour is on?

I would do a reverse balayage with lowlights and have u used shades eq ? Redken ? You can use this and add the warmth in the mix 8wg 7nb 7n
The good thing with using shades eq is it will be gentle in hair and you get a lovely soft grow out and it lasts better than a permanent colour hope this helps x x x
Thank you,
I use colour touch which is a demi, I’ll need to look up reverse balayage, not done this before!

Thank you,
I use colour touch which is a demi, I’ll need to look up reverse balayage, not done this before!
Do the reverse balayage it’s so simple u can learn online if u don’t use redken then probs use the formula that to ray has suggested ! With my formula no toner was required the dark blended in well with previous blonde and with redken u don’t need to pretone all in the mix already x

Latest posts

Back