Colour Correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carys

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm needing a little help.
I'm experimenting with colour atm & something has gone wrong /:

the natural base of hair is a 3/4 with quite a bit of a red tone.
iv used 30vol peroxide to lighten slices in the hair first, then put Majorel colour 6.35 (dark mahogany golden blonde) on top.

... but the colour has still come out a copper shade?
Any suggestions...?

ThankYou
C x

Hi All!

iv used 30vol peroxide to lighten slices in the hair first, then put Majorel colour 6.35 (dark mahogany golden blonde) on top.

Any suggestions...?

ThankYou
C x
What strength peroxide did you use with the 6.35?

I used 9% peroxide

oh sorry!

9% with bleach then 6% with 6.35

oh sorry!

9% with bleach then 6% with 6.35

When re-colouring after pre lightening i would usually use 3% when depositing tone this could be why it's come out more coppery :)

oh right! & can I re-apply the tint on top using a 3% straight away?

are u a hair pro? we cant advise u!
Hi All!

Any suggestions...?

ThankYou
C x

I am! iv completed my level 2

are u a hair pro? we cant advise u!

It's kind of given away when they say 6.35 is copper! Really?!? Well I never! Put the tubes down in Sally's and leave it to the pro's!

To the op...get your self to a salon!

See above, i have my level 2.
I thought these forums were to get help no matter how many qualifications you have?!

no ones perfect!

No offence but your level 2 means nothing! If you have had none or little Salon experience.

You said level 4 has red tone? Yes because at that level the depth is dark purely made from the red tone! Again with salon experience you will learn this.

See above, i have my level 2.
I thought these forums were to get help no matter how many qualifications you have?!

no ones perfect!

I think the ladies above have obviously gotten the wrong end of the stick. If youve lifted her base with bleach and 9% then youve most likely lifted too much. If you think of your hair undercoats.....the undercoat of a 6 is a red/orange so you wouldve been better off using 3% or 6%. This will be why its gone quite coppery, because youve lightened it too much and therefore the hair has kicked off the warmth (think covering grey, you have to add the base tone). My advice would be recolour using 3% but add some 6.0 to your mix.
Next time use a lower developer when pre-lightening. Saying that if you were lifting from a base 4 to a base 6 you shouldnt need to prelighten. Using the base 6 with 9% straight away shouldve worked fine. hope this helps

P.S level 2s do count for something, they show youve put the work in to get a basic understanding of Hairdressing, enough to give you a good foundation to build on. Dont be discouraged by peoples criticisms, clearly youve known when to ask for help and done it. Hairdressing is a constant learning experience so keep trying

I understand how the bases & tones work, I did learn that!
but when your just starting out in the industry you do want to experiment & ask lots of questions, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
everyone needs help along the way...

I think the ladies above have obviously gotten the wrong end of the stick. If youve lifted her base with bleach and 9% then youve most likely lifted too much. If you think of your hair undercoats.....the undercoat of a 6 is a red/orange so you wouldve been better off using 3% or 6%. This will be why its gone quite coppery, because youve lightened it too much and therefore the hair has kicked off the warmth (think covering grey, you have to add the base tone). My advice would be recolour using 3% but add some 6.0 to your mix.
Next time use a lower developer when pre-lightening. Saying that if you were lifting from a base 4 to a base 6 you shouldnt need to prelighten. Using the base 6 with 9% straight away shouldve worked fine. hope this helps

P.S level 2s do count for something, they show youve put the work in to get a basic understanding of Hairdressing, enough to give you a good foundation to build on. Dont be discouraged by peoples criticisms, clearly youve known when to ask for help and done it. Hairdressing is a constant learning experience so keep trying

Gents!

-- thank you Zeroprojection!

you have helped alot! x

The reason its picked up the copper is because uv put a maghogany on a copper undying pigment! Next time just try .32 I love tht colour and use a lot of 6.32 it's boootiful!

If there a base 3/4 with red tones then lifting with 30 vol is way to harsh! The peroxide level is just how quickly you would like the hair to lift when using pre-lightener. I would have lifted it with 4% then because of the warmth/undercoat I would have just used a flat base because the warmth will still shine through

You need to choose the correct tools for the job.

I think this is the first thread ever where 'my line' is being used and I'm going to do what Bluerinse usually does (when they had the opportunity and didn't) ... LOL.

Matrix ColorGraphics 2 with Spearmint and 22 Developer would have done the job in 12 minutes under heat. No toning. No Copper. No Mess.

I think you learn about that in your Level 3.

No being funny she come on here to learn from her mastakes not to told off

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

No being funny she come on here to learn from her mastakes not to told off

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Your obviously very weak as a stylist if you've never been told where your going wrong and how to improve! And that is what we've all done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back