Colour fade!! :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra.

Reaction score
So i had a new client come to me about five weeks ago, naturally a base 4-5 but with permanant colour dark red all over. With time its just gone lighter and lighter as it fades. She told me she wanted to go more of a purple colour and told me she was sick of the colour fading so quick. Her hair is in average condition yet quite long. So i applied loreal 4.20 with 20 vols, give her a good cut of about 3 inches, fixed her up with vitamino shampoo, and banned her from straighteners and told her to wash her hair in tepid water and no more than twice a week. So she has been doing and her colour has lasted a bit better. At weekends she comes in for a blowdry and still each time colour runs out as i shampoo her :s...its been six weeks now and the water still runs purple! Has anybody anymore tips? Even though shes happy with her hair i feel like im letting her down! Iv not yet known colour to still run out after six weeks....

most colours I get still come out every time I wash my hair but when I had mine purple wella koleston 55/66 & 0/68 colour touch I really noticed it and my hair changed colour every time I washed it! lol but I kinda liked that :D
I was actually wondering being a non hair pro if cetain types of hair does not hold colour so well as mine is still changing colour and I've gone for 6/73 now xx

Have you tried a clear gloss ? That shuts cuticle right down, maybe transfer her from
Vitamin to the shampoo for vibrant colours that loreal do, still in a pink bottle aimed at red colours though

Ah yes its the delicate colour shampoo isnt it...never knew that about the gloss i will try that, thanks so much for your help! And yeah i think its just certain hair, the condition, and your colour that effects it...annoying! :) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Ah yes its the delicate colour shampoo isnt it...never knew that about the gloss i will try that, thanks so much for your help! And yeah i think its just certain hair, the condition, and your colour that effects it...annoying! :) x

Bonus that's the one! Delicate care lol forgot the name, yh clear gloss is amazing, can you get hold of matrix? Have dia color got a clear?

A good mix i found was koleston 55/66 with colour touch 0/88. It does change colour as you wash it but very nicely. It starts off a deep cherry red/purple, fading to an intense blue violet fading to a pinky purple. Using a semi purple to top the colour up in between applications will help a lot though.

Why colour touch 0/88 instead of koleston?

Yeah i was wondering why colour touch?? For the condition? Definiatley give that colour a try though sounds lovely! Dia colour used to have a clear in gelee but they discontinued so will get hold of the matrix thanks hun! Also thought i could top up with burgandy diacol but they seemed to have discontinued that...loreal are a pain for swapping and changing! Im forever matching up clients colours that theyve discontinued! Xx

Have you tried a clear gloss ? That shuts cuticle right down, maybe transfer her from
Vitamin to the shampoo for vibrant colours that loreal do, still in a pink bottle aimed at red colours though

Would you suggest using the gloss and all vibrant colours?
What a good idea, MAtrix do a clear dont they?
So would you apply it to damp hair at the basin?

Would you suggest using the gloss and all vibrant colours?
What a good idea, MAtrix do a clear dont they?
So would you apply it to damp hair at the basin?

Yes definitely, it makes your salon that bit more Luxury if you add £5 to every bill maybe that has a vibrant colour? It might look slightly darker but that's because the cuticle has been shut right down. As for application you will need to check with matrix. sorry Hun I can't remember :( x

Fab, shes just been in the salon todsy, but i never saw this to ask her :( i'l ask next time. Iv got a tube in.
Do you use Matrix for all your colours?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Fab, shes just been in the salon todsy, but i never saw this to ask her :( i'l ask next time. Iv got a tube in.
Do you use Matrix for all your colours?

At the minute I'm using loreal but I've used matrix the longest, its simple and I've got my head round it completely, unlike loreal lol

Iv been using Mateix for a few months now and im loving it, the training is excellent, getting my head round it now though. X

Iv been using Mateix for a few months now and im loving it, the training is excellent, getting my head round it now though. X

Little update for you I'm now back on matrix full time as I've gone self employed!! I'm living it more than before lol not sure on design pulse yet I'm playing with it currently!! Also prizms and prizms clear are being discontinued!!!! Gutted:(

At the minute I'm using loreal but I've used matrix the longest, its simple and I've got my head round it completely, unlike loreal lol

I miss matrix, I can't seem to get it in the south!!!
Xx

Latest posts

Back