Colour ideas.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanm

Reaction score
I have a client who is natural base of 5, but she must have a lot of red in her hair. She has previously had dark blonde applied by a previous hairdresser. Colour is lovely but looks just like she is a natural dark auburn/ginger. She would love to have a beige blonde but does not want to use bleach to achieve this, any other ideas please? P.s. I have tried toning with ash but made no difference at all. x

I have a client who is natural base of 5, but she must have a lot of red in her hair. She has previously had dark blonde applied by a previous hairdresser. Colour is lovely but looks just like she is a natural dark auburn/ginger. She would love to have a beige blonde but does not want to use bleach to achieve this, any other ideas please? P.s. I have tried toning with ash but made no difference at all. x

You could try using a high lift ash tint.
These tints can lift up to five levels. But I would advice to do a strand test in case the result turns out too copper/gold.

Thanks I will give that a go, do you think I should bleach bath what is already on, she would love to be level 7 or 8 just with no ginger tone x

People always have pre conceived ideas when it comes to bleach, i think they picture a full head of brassy cheap looking blonde!!

You could advise that using bleach is the best way achieve her desired shade but reassure her it would be done in a gentle way.
You then have more scope to bleach up and tone if neccessary. I would use Wella Blondor with pastel or 6%.

Hope this helps.

Hi I couldn't agree more, thats what I use and its fantastic but she is one of those clients who will not have it and looks at you like you are telling fibs xx

Latest posts

Back