Colour match nightmare - extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs penny

Reaction score
I need some help ! I qualified in 5 methods of hair extensions back in December and up to now the only client I’ve had is a friend (to be Fair I only started advertising properly a month ago !) who has a really easy dark brown hair colour for me to match ....I currently supply Angel remy just because they are mid range and I myself have worn their hair for about 2 years now and I love it.

Anyway today I had my first proper client to colour match - I turned up and she had highlighted hair with lots of different tones. I identified her base colour as shade 18 and then in her highlights I picked up shade 16 and a few were shade 12&14 (only a few).

Problem is now I’ve looked on angel remy’s website they don’t do a blend with those colours in together

I need advice on what to do as my next step - why would you do ?

Any help isn’t appreciated as this is my first real client and although I’m very Confident in my fitting skills because I’ve practiced Over and over again - the colour match on the other hand I don’t have much experience in ..... and to have my first client have such multi tonal hair is just my luck xx

those 4 are all pretty similar colours i would order all 4 and spread them out. i have ordered 2/3 colours before now that once fitted all blend together really well x

Hi, as above. When installing alternate the colours and rows 18 & 16 adding the 14 & 12 visually to match her hilights. Hth.

What I ussually do (with tapes) is get a few different colours. I will have two different colours to a pair. Say if I have 3 colours I will have colour 1 and 2 in a pair then colour 3 and 3 in a pair and then 3 and 1. I usually find this looks more natural anyway.

Latest posts

Back