Colour science...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coz a girl on here she mix them together as toner and work perfectly i will try to email wella and ask ;)

Coz a girl on here she mix them together as toner and work perfectly i will try to email wella and ask ;)

Im a wella master colour expert you can't mix a semi with permanent. Nothing stopping you doing it just it's well as guidelines.

They replied to my email lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353927232.908577.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353927232.908577.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 237
Im a wella master colour expert you can't mix a semi with permanent. Nothing stopping you doing it just it's well as guidelines.

The reason I asked is coz she mix 10/8. With 8/81.

And the result she get is beautiful a really light blonde not silver and so amazing.

I:Love: colour! Hell if i had it my way-which i do! i would be doing it all the time, however, im a very busy lady. I totally "get" colour, sometime when i read the thread on here i always think back to basic. More than occassionly i get my staff asking for simple basic knowledge- i send them on refreshing happy hours!

We've just been playing around with the new permanent ammonia free colorinsider. Very very nice, so far. It makes my brain hurt a little as when you've had such a easy system to work with as matrix has, then colorinsider works differently. Blows your mind. It works in the use of the underlying pigment, every shade, counteracts it- so if you've already colour corrected its fab for you to use. The colour wheel is important as are the desired shades- same level can go a bit darker and it lifts 3 levels. The colour line is great the feeling of the hair is beautiful-non compromising and can be tailored as a bespoke service on your hairdressing price list. It does cost more for less- but its made all of us think of hair differently as it is exciting that colour is leading to the oil based systems! xoxo

What do you feel you lack confidence or knowledge in? X

I don't have a full understanding of the tigi creative mixes, maybe I am trying to run before I can walk. I worry about the end result. For example I wouldn't have thought to mix 77/66 with 10/0, what result would that give?

I don't have a full understanding of the tigi creative mixes, maybe I am trying to run before I can walk. I worry about the end result. For example I wouldn't have thought to mix 77/66 with 10/0, what result would that give?

Depends how much you use of 10/0 really ? X

Depends how much you use of 10/0 really ? X

That's one of the creative mixes so that's another question- what ratio would you use?
X

Hi nikki-how did you find the course? I'm starting it next year....

You never use more than half 10/0 or it changes the depth and tonal values x

thanks blue. I'm going to see if I can get training with this.
:)

Don't you think /00 would be even better than 10/0... No neutral base to muddle the 77/66... Probably an interesting pink/mauve result ( if over pre-lightened hair)

Don't you think /00 would be even better than 10/0... No neutral base to muddle the 77/66... Probably an interesting pink/mauve result ( if over pre-lightened hair)

I would, but 77/66 and 10/0 is a creative shade from TIGI

I would, but 77/66 and 10/0 is a creative shade from TIGI

Ahhh gotcha. I haven't paid much attention to that chart. I just tend to create my own as I go.

I 'get' colour - I really enjoy it and am a super geek when it comes to studying training manuals/instructions , I'm like a sponge and soak up every ounce of information I can. I am just about to start using tigi copyright and I can't blooming' wait! Blue I have your number on speed dial! Lol xxx

nope dont get it at all!! i get more understanding if i.write everything down.step.by step.in the consultation then lose what im doing completely but my tutor from college didnt have any patience n jus kept having a go.at me which.hasnt helped im teaching myself bits by reading everything i can.but it still.just isnt clicking!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

I 'get' colour - I really enjoy it and am a super geek when it comes to studying training manuals/instructions , I'm like a sponge and soak up every ounce of information I can. I am just about to start using tigi copyright and I can't blooming' wait! Blue I have your number on speed dial! Lol xxx

You'll love it! If you want soft highlights/slices use 100/83 30g with 2" /55 mix master and 30vol... Lush! Then I go 6/46 with 5/8 as all over :9) xx

You'll love it! If you want soft highlights/slices use 100/83 30g with 2" /55 mix master and 30vol... Lush! Then I go 6/46 with 5/8 as all over :9) xx

I can't wait to get started! Heard nothing but good things about it xx

That was like me when I worked in salon I was taught and told to tint first then rinse dry and do meshes/foils until using salon geek that's when I found out about this flooding lol so I do that now cos I'm mobile and it's so much better less time consuming and less colour x

What is floodig?

Latest posts

Back