Colouring greys!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del<3

Reaction score
Hi guys!

A new client of mine has around 60-65% grey hair natural base around a 7 - she has a root area of around an inch or two. The rest of the hair is a medium brown with warm highlights she wants rid of all this to go all over base 7 warmish.

I use igora absolute in the salon with 9% (for greys absolute is formulated for greys only) but what should I do with her ends?

Does anyone use anything else for grey coverage - I don't want to just add double base as this will take away tone which is quite important to her!

Thanks for your help guys :) x

Hi, I use wella but i would guess its a 7.3 I would add some 7.0 base in for the roots with 20vol. Then I would use the 7.3 and 10vol for the ends. Do you always use 30vol on grey coverage? Just wondering. Sam x

Hi, I use wella but i would guess its a 7.3 I would add some 7.0 base in for the roots with 20vol. Then I would use the 7.3 and 10vol for the ends. Do you always use 30vol on grey coverage? Just wondering. Sam x

Hi I use Wella and always use 6% (20 vol) for covering grey. For resistant grey I go for the double bases and add some mix tone so its not too flat. What colour level is the medium brown cos a level 7 will be lighter so would you need to strip this first?
:D

I always do the same, 20vol always on grey. Just wondered about the first msg as it says 30vol.

I always do the same, 20vol always on grey. Just wondered about the first msg as it says 30vol.

If it's anything like the clynol plus range it says to use 9% when covering white / grey hair
X

If it's anything like the clynol plus range it says to use 9% when covering white / grey hair
X

With matrix I always use 10vol for darkening even grey coverage, stubborn grey I switch to matrix dream age which is double pigmented or I've got extra coverage line in my normal permanent colours which are double base very little tone, never have a problem with grey hair.

Thanks guys!!

Well the Schwarzkopf absolute range os double pigmented for grey hair and we always use 9% as it breaks through the resistant greys?

Just wondered what you guys used as alternatives. I know her grey is fairly resistant and I don't want to have her call me in a few weeks saying it's faded on her root if I use 3 or 6% lol!! X

Hi I use Wella and always use 6% (20 vol) for covering grey. For resistant grey I go for the double bases and add some mix tone so its not too flat. What colour level is the medium brown cos a level 7 will be lighter so would you need to strip this first?
:D

Lauren by mix tone do you mean like concentrates? Like igora concentrates are like -11 -22 -33 etc? Like pure tone only! X

X

Yeh Candis the absolutes are specially formed for greys and always recommends you use 9%. I assume the clynol range is the same!x

Lauren by mix tone do you mean like concentrates? Like igora concentrates are like -11 -22 -33 etc? Like pure tone only! X

Hi Yes by mix tones I mean /33 or /43 for warmth. Was told by Wella to use these rather than adding another warm tint so it doesn't alter the strength of the double base if this makes sense :)

Aw yeh so you can still add your base for more grab to the grey but just ass you concentrate tone to that! Cool I'll try it - don't know who will stock the igora tones tho... :/ don't think I've seen them in sallys! x

Latest posts

Back