Competitions - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Fawkes

Reaction score
Afternoon - ooh - first time posting a thread and feeling abit nervous actually!! Anyway - straight into it - been doing nails about a year now and thinking I fancy trying my hand at competitions. But I just dont know where to start? Any advice? Found out that CND do competion classes - are these worth doing even if youve never done any competions? Nx

Never done competitions myself; have enough stress and anxiety in my life without inflicting more, but a friend of a friend of a friend who is really into competitions did a competition class with Antony Buckley (EZ Flow) over in Manchester?? She said she found it really invaluable and not only did she learn a hell of a lot about what is required in a competition nail but she also picked up some great tips for use in her salon.

marianna said:
Never done competitions myself; have enough stress and anxiety in my life without inflicting more, but a friend of a friend of a friend who is really into competitions did a competition class with Antony Buckley (EZ Flow) over in Manchester?? She said she found it really invaluable and not only did she learn a hell of a lot about what is required in a competition nail but she also picked up some great tips for use in her salon.

i have also done competion training with Antony, as with any training it was the best and totally well recommended :)
there have been loads of posts regarding competions if you type comp or competion in the search box above then it will come up with lots of posts full of info... i think its great as a newbie to comps tech you are looking to enter
my advise is that a) you book yourself on a comp class b) you find a good hand model (nice long nail beds/ v relaxing person after all model and tech is a team effort :)) c) do loads and loads of practice... after your first comp you will get the bug and then you will be able to set yourself your own goals... it not only helps when you next compete it will help with your day to day salon nails as well as helping to raise your own profile locally
hth

Jess
xox

Thanks for that - there is loads of stuff about comps on here. I'd been looking in the archive bit and couldnt find anything. Now I just need to find a model, book a class, choose a comp, practise loads...........Nx

My friend is going on a competion workshop the saturday before excel, at the ramada hotel, with anthony and some big wigs from the usa, ezflow..... how cool is that!!! Try pm anthony for the details.

That does sound cool - I get bit starstruck re big nail tech names!! Dont know if Im organised enough to go to that course though. Plus means taking that sat off work and then the following sat for the Excel show. But anyway - how do you pm antony? Also, I know CND do a comp class - does everyone think Antony prob better, cos it seems to be his classes that everyone talking bout. Nx

Guy Fawkes said:
That does sound cool - I get bit starstruck re big nail tech names!! Dont know if Im organised enough to go to that course though. Plus means taking that sat off work and then the following sat for the Excel show. But anyway - how do you pm antony? Also, I know CND do a comp class - does everyone think Antony prob better, cos it seems to be his classes that everyone talking bout. Nx

hi again... what products do you currently use?

Im actually using CND - altho not trained with them! Going to do a conversion course soon tho.

Guy Fawkes said:
Im actually using CND - altho not trained with them! Going to do a conversion course soon tho.

okay.... just a question... how did you buy your products if you havent got any cnd training??... at a trade show??

Jess
xox

Yeah - at excel last year. Like it much better than the Salon Systems stuff I trained with, so booked on the conversion course with CND in Feb.

Latest posts

Back