Confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LillyGoose

Reaction score
Hello fellow Geeks!

I have been on this forum for about four years and to begin with I was renting a salon with my friend and it was a huge success for a year or so, yet life gets in the way and I had to relocate 300 miles away.

I was confident, sure of my work and loved the industry.

Yet after falling a few job interviews and having no luck for about six months , I completely broke down and lost my confidence started to completely doubt myself and stopped doing hairdressing all together.

Its only the last few months, I did my best friends wedding and all the bridal party and I got so many complements and did a friend or a friends hair, That I realised I love this job!!

So girls and guys have any of you had any experiences like this before, I prefer working under my own terms. I Have 4+ salon experience and 3 years by myself mobile and my salon.

So I know I am going to have to need a lot of training to build back my confidence but any advice helps!

:o:o

Hey lillygoose, welcome back to the world of hair messing :D

Have you thought about your local college for a short refresher course.
My local supplier runs them too, not sure if you have anything like that near you?

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Yeah, I have thought about that.

I know that my local wholesalers do a lot of refreshers colour courses, So I might have to take a look in the new year.

See you in norfolk, My salon was just out of Wymondham!
Miss norfolk!

xx

Ahhh ok,only up the road :D

Barkers in Norwich do tons of cutting and colouring refresher and intermediate courses, give them a look

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Latest posts

Back