confused about licence?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fast

Reaction score
hi ive tried to contact my council but cant get through ..basically i wont to rent a room to a beauty girl as we only do hair..

she has insurance as was in a salon before... but has asked if she needs a licence..

she said she didnt need one before in her last job... as was training etc..

ive searched that what she does i think she does e.g massage..nail treatments but it says about employees..

so if that is the case do i need to get one she is self employed?

or does she as i know rules are different for employed/self employed.

Hi

as far as I was aware this applies if you are ear percing or tattoo's. These fall under local bye-laws and each council is different. Hope this helps.

As far as I am aware you need to pay the council treatment license for special treatments. For example, full body massage, nails, facial, waxing etc. It is an annual fee and the council will need to check if your premises is suitable.

Each borough is different so you need to contact your local authority.

If you are a mobile therapist it does not apply.

i know i can get a mulitiple licence which covers them but if i dont have one would they then need to get a single licence themselves if they rent a room ..?

i dont know bout this but i would assume they would have to get their single license as a self employed person but im sure someone else will know better :)

its a premises license to cover X number of rooms. All treatments covered would be bundled together.

now im more confused ive been told about being able to get a mulitple premises license but if you dont have one the person self employed renting a room can get a single license for their treatment e.g ear piercing..
unless ive been given the wrong info so far

You probably can....however from my understanding a multiple treatment license gives you a group discount.

It really comes down to your local council and how they want to charge you.

I had the council round my salon when i had just opened. I had girls working on commission but they didn't need a licence for basic beauty but they do need a licence for ear piercing, electrolysis,tattooing etc...

I had the council round my salon when i had just opened. I had girls working on commission but they didn't need a licence for basic beauty but they do need a licence for ear piercing, electrolysis,tattooing etc...

so you dont need a qualification just training and insurance??

spoke to someone but she said nails do need a licence.. but she has to get it...

does anyone know the procedure as she 'didnt deal with licensing'.. and couldnt help more then that.,.

Latest posts

Back