Conservatory

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oni

Reaction score
Hi I have got a really nice conservatory, blue tinted glass roof . I know gel polish cures in the uv light . But it would be perfect to work from the conservatory. Just wondering if anyone works in their conservatory and how you kept the uv out . I am getting blinds around the side of the conservatory and I wouldn't work in there in very hot days . Maybe just use the space in Autumn / winter months . Evening appointments or would it be a real hassle so just forget the idea ?

I vote bad idea, it doesn't have to be bright sunlight for curing to occur. I did a client in their kitchen under UV spot lights and cured a brand new full pot of Brisa unknowingly.

Plus carting stuff backwards and forwards is a nightmare

I vote bad idea, it doesn't have to be bright sunlight for curing to occur. I did a client in their kitchen under UV spot lights and cured a brand new full pot of Brisa unknowingly.

Plus carting stuff backwards and forwards is a nightmare
Great thank you , I wasn't too sure about the idea . X

I work from a conservatory. We only recently had it purpose built for me but we did put a normal roof rather than traditional conservatory one on, partly to enable me to have more control of heat but also to avoid the potential curing problem. I have full length blinds over all the windows, again to control UV also for privacy.

So far it's working brilliantly and I've had no issues at all. If you could put a false ceiling in and shade the Windows well it may work out for you.

Last edited:
I work from a conservatory. We only recently had it purpose built for me but we did put a normal roof rather than traditional conservatory one on, partly to enable me to have more control of heat but also to avoid the potential curing problem. I have full length blinds over all the windows, again to control UV also for privacy.

So far it's working brilliantly and I've had no issues at all. If you could put a false ceiling in and shade the Windows well it may work out for you.
Ok great thank you . It's such a lovely conservatory very modern . The roof is tinted blue suppose to keep uv out and it's 27 degrees today and it's not hot in there . Definitely need blinds , maybe I will give it a go in the future.

Have you tried using any of your polishes or gels in there? Maybe you should give it a go whilst it's hot just to see what happens.

Have you tried using any of your polishes or gels in there? Maybe you should give it a go whilst it's hot just to see what happens.
I an going to give it a try with some of my old polishes see what happens X

Hi I've worked from my conservatory for 3 years now, I have U.V blinds all around and above and none of my shellac has hardened x

Hi I have worked in my conservatory for 3 years and had UV coating put on the inside off the polycarbonate roof and has blinds all the way round -never had a problem using Shellac, Brisa, and Bio Sculpture and I have had too work in there all year round summer and winter X

I'm pretty sure you can get window tints that have UV protection. It could be worth looking into something like that to put your mind at rest?

Latest posts

Back