Cosmetic Acupuncture - License needed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouffloncake

Reaction score
[FONT=Papyrus, Fantasy]Hi all :)

I opened my salon in April, I work Tues - Sat doing beauty, I have a girl renting space out the front doing hairdressing. On Mondays (my day off) I will have a fully qualified, registered and insured practitioner of Traditional Chinese medicine use my treatment room where she will be doing cosmetic acupuncture.

If she is fully registered & insured, would I still need a council license for her to operate from my salon?

Thanks in advance :)

-P-

[/FONT]

It may differ from area to area, but in my salon I had to have it licenced for the chirporactor, who also offers accupuncture, and in the salon before we had to have a licence for the accupuncturist.

[FONT=Papyrus, Fantasy]Hi martin - thaks for your reply.

I had a feeling it would vary from place to place. Would you mind telling me which bit of the council I wouldneed to go to?

-Penny-
[/FONT]

It's the environmental health department that deals with it. They normally require you to fill in a form with the cheque for their fee (yep, you guessed it, another wheeze to squeeze money out of businesses!), then someone will come round, amble about muttering things about first-aid, hand-washing & bins, then send out a certificate to say it's OK, then you never normally see them ever again!

Hi Penny,

In London (westminster), you would contact the Council's Licensing Dept. For acupuncture, you do require a license. However if you belong to a professional acupuncture body (eg the British Acupuncture Council) then you are exempt and would not have to pay for a license fee.

Ask the council for a copy of the exemption list, this way you will know which professional bodies they will accept.

Latest posts

Back