Could this work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellsandWhistles

Reaction score
A friend has approached me today regarding a Prom Package idea she's had. Now, I'm trained in Hard Gel Extensions and Gel Polish and mainly work from home, but occasionally travel. She's trained in Brows and lashes and works from home.
I'm wondering, if and how, teaming up for Prom season could work?
It could potentionally bring in a whole new clientel for both of us. I'm concerned about the logistics.
We're meeting up next week to discuss it further, but, ideally I'd like to go armed with some ideas.
I was thinking, offering a Nail/Lash/Brow package, and completing the nails whilst they're having lashes/Brows done. Is that even feasible? How long do lashes/Brows take? A full set of extensions and Gel Polish takes me 2hrs. This could be cutting into her other appt times? I also have another job, so I'd have to work around that, which could prove problematic?
Is it possible to perhaps book the packages, and work out best possible appt times separately with the clients. So they get both services, but not necessarily at the same time. This could prove inconvenient for clients though.
Is there anyone who has tried this out? Could someone point out anything obvious I'm clearly missing or forgetting. Could this even work? Any opinions or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

What age will your prom-goers be?
This will affect what chemicals you can use.
Check with your insurance company on what they will cover you for. If they are all age 18+ then no problem obviously

Ahhh good thinking, I would think most will be 15/16? I shall speak to insurers and see where I stand. Thanks.

For my insurance, clients under 18 (in England) have to have a parent present during the treatment and fill in a consent form.
If Under age 16 - no chemicals such as shellac, tinting or hot treatments

I use Vinylux polish on my kiddy clients. Dries quickly and if they want some bling I use some glitter polish after the top coat from the Orly fx range.

Thank you @CFBS really useful info x

Latest posts

Back