Counteracting brassy brown Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireballoraiste

Reaction score
Hi geeks, now I have officially stopped doing colour but doing a friends colour tomorrow morning:) I haven't seen her in a while and she got it done in salon last few times. They used Inoa.
I'm used to wella koleston but can get Inoa.
Nat base 6
50% grey
Coarse

Photo taken now
8usu9aqa.jpg

It actually looks more red in pic than it is. The brassy ends match up to an 8/7 in my kp shade chart. It's more like a 7/7 underneath.

She would like it toned down but I'm thinking a 7 base will be too light.
6/0 too dark.
Hmmm thinking darkening the lot and few highlights maybe?
Don't know:/
Anyone any ideas please:)
Thanks a mil
Xxx

I would suggest a 6 on the roots and 7 on the rest. As for tone, if it's more orange you need a blue ash tone mixed into the 7. If its more red then you need a green ash tone. I would use a very low strength bleach on the highlights and tone them afterwards xxx

Thanks for reply.
You see I can't quite see if its orange or yellow and I'm a bit afraid to add blue in case its more yellow gold it would go green. I thought green was for red and violet for orange?

Red - green
Violet - yellow
Blue - orange xx

Thanks for reply.
You see I can't quite see if its orange or yellow and I'm a bit afraid to add blue in case its more yellow gold it would go green. I thought green was for red and violet for orange?

It looks like orange on the photo but it depends what its like in real life... also violet is for yellow xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Hi Lydia, if it looks like its orangey yellow and you're not sure, what do you do?:)

Dolled up its more yellow than photo.

I just want to get it right:)

Latest posts

Back