Creative Buffer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I have been having an argument with a friend for a while now about a Creative file....I can't for the life of me remember the name of the file but it's the 240/1800 (I think) shaped a bit like a surf board, white and grey.

Anyway, she says that the grey surface is the same as the Koala as in having been treated for oil buffing....I say it hasn't cos I get grey bits on my nails when I use it.

Can anyone say yay or nay...it would solve an argument.

Thanks.

sounds like the Boomerang board (240/1200)... the 1200 side is used for buffing with Solar Oil, however I only ever use my Koala for SolarOil.

It could be the Tuxedo

Oh yeah your right the Boomerang board

I use mine for buffing with solar oil, I think they are fab and prefer them to the koala

Deffo not Tuxedo, maybe it is Boomerang, but I don't get the same effect as koala... which is why I'm wondering if it has had the same treatment....I get grey bits coming off the file when I oil buff.

Cathie! said:
Deffo not Tuxedo, maybe it is Boomerang, but I don't get the same effect as koala... which is why I'm wondering if it has had the same treatment....I get grey bits coming off the file when I oil buff.

The smooth grey side of the koala buffer is specially treated to withstand solar oil none of the others are as far as I know.:biggrin:

Marilyn said:
The smooth grey side of the koala buffer is specially treated to withstand solar oil none of the others are as far as I know.:biggrin:

Yes, that's exactly the argument I'm having with my mate! I am sure they're not the same.

COME ON GEEKS! Will someone please back me up, I DO use the Boomerang board instead of the Koala, and I Do use it with Solar Oil. I asked Creative and they said that YES this is an alternative. Someone else must too??? :biggrin: :Love:

NOPE Koala for me

Just had a look at my pack and the label says 'A firm padded abrasive for smoothing and oil shining'

koalas can also ne used for removing shine too so i think these are well worth the money

the boomerang is the same as the koala hun, 240/1200 grit

oh is it sorry i didnt know

I've had a look on the main USA creative site... it states in the 'product profiles' that the Boomerang Board is used for oil buffing the same as the Koala. I can't speak from personal experience though because I only use the Koala for buffing with SolarOil.

Well there you go! Must give it another whirl and see if it's something I'm doing...

I've used the Boomerang and the Koala for the same purpose - I vary between the 2, it depends which one I fancy using!!!

Used one today and it was fine :o maybe I didn't refine the surface of the enhancement enough before I used it the last time!

Maybe you're giving it 'too much wellie' Cathie!!
You don't know your own strength, girl!! :biggrin: :Scared:

geeg said:
Maybe you're giving it 'too much wellie' Cathie!!
You don't know your own strength, girl!! :biggrin: :Scared:

OMG Gigi who have you been talking to?? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back