Creative help on Sculpting forms plz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
hi all
i have been doing nails for a year now, but i have to confess i cant do the sculpting! been trying but just not getting the hang of it.?! i cant get the forms on properly i keep having a practice on my mum but she is bored now....i did the FDFC at Creative...just wondering if they do a course on sculpting? or is the one to one training better?
thanks
kat

Hi

You can do a sculpting course at creative as one of your master classes. Or you could have a 1-2-1 and go through sculpting problems then? HTH.

Hi there,

Which shape forms are you using? If you are using the horseshoe shaped ones maybe you will get on better with the rectangular ones or vice versa?

i have been using the horseshaped ones, my firend and i did a nail day and there were some left over so she let me have them to practice with....are the creative ones better to use?

Hi,
the horseshaped forms are a bit tricky but if you buy some from Creative you will see the different and you will find these a lot more easy to place on the fingers.

J

thank you for that i will do that right away! would love to be able o sculpt.

Hi Katmoz

Sculpting! Someone once said to me "if you can sculpt, you can do anything. Sculpt and your at the top of your tree"

Having been to the last few trade shows I know I can sculpt!

I asked one demonstrator at the Olympia show to sculpt an nail on me and she said "I cant now, Im taking a break". I returned later and was told that "today we are demonstrating tip and overlay only as this is the conventional way????"

WHAT are you kidding me?

Applying a plastic tip with glue that wont withstand the everday submersion in water and needs to be removed, thus removing the top layer of nail plate, is conventional?

Sculpting with acrylic allows for the natural nail to grow underneath. It's healthier.
It's far quicker to apply a form than measure, blend, apply adhesive, blend again with a tip! By the time you've applied one tip, I will have sculpted 2.
They are stronger, longerlasting nail enhancements. I have customers who haven't removed their nail enhancemnets in over 10years. Ever!
Tips look perfect when they first leave a salon, but nothing beats a sculpting nail enhancement that will never lend it's name to a "false nail".

This is a true craftsmanship and a skill that will make you proud when you pass your courses and persue your career.

I applaud anyone, ANYONE who can sculpt, as I know just how hard it is to master perfection.

Chase those conmpanies who train in fully sculptured nail enhancements.
I would check out your immediate area Creative, Young Nails and NSI.
But make sure you stipulate Fully Sculptured! Gel or Acrylic.

See what they say and make your own mind up

Latest posts

Back