Creative Monomer Mixing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
I know you shouldn't mix monomer's but I was wondering if I could mix my 32oz Retention with my 16oz Moxie (to make 48oz). Moxie is a little too fast setting, but Retention a little slow.

I probably won't end up using the Moxie and I don't want to waste it!

Can I do this as both monomer's are from Creative or is it a definate NO NO?

Could do with Doug's help on this one!!

Well I would think this would be a definate NO .... but I would find out for sure before you make the decision.

Jen is right ...a definate NO!
I dont know the science but I was told by Gigi that I even needed to use a separate brush for the two liquids so I would say to mix is a big no, no!

I tried to email Doug Schoon to ask directly but I can't. I guessed it would be no but thought i'd check anyway. I didn't know about the seperate brush thing - nobody said when I ordered. I havn't been doing that :Scared:

Hi Sara

There is an accelerant in Moxie that when mixed with Retention+ would alter the reaction causing it to weaken the chemical bonding.

Seperate brushs is a good idea, but not a necessity. What I would also suggest is to prepare the brush in the new monomer before using. Put a tiny amount in dappen dish, saturate brush, wipe out, throw out remainder of monomer then refill with fresh liquid. this stops any chance of contamination.

HTH

Latest posts

Back