Cruelty free MUA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisamv

Reaction score
Hi, I’m just started up as a makeup artist and continuing with my nails.
I’m all for cruelty free products and wondered if there was many MUAs who uses only cruelty free brands? If so which ones are the best you recommend please? Also if anyone can advise of products you wouldn’t be without that would be fab

Thank you
Lisa

I use Jane Iredale. It’s leaping bunny certified x

Vic x

I think most are cruelty free now, as it becoming something people are more aware of, I found this link that could be good for you.
https://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/ultimate-guide-to-cruelty-free-makeup/
There is also lime crime that's not on there.

I would always recommend palettes over single items, even decant your singles like lipsticks and pigments into containers and palettes as it saves so much space.

Morphe palettes are amazing and a good way to build up your kit as the eyeshadow palettes are only £23 there really good quality and lots of colours morphe brushes are also great and cheep!

Good foundation about 5 to 6 colours is a good start and some foundation mixers so that you mix almost all colours you will need and slowly build it up.

I highly recommend zuca cases they are very price but I walk miles pulling mine and had it two years and it's still perfect.

YouTube is also good to look at makeup kits and if you watch some good tutorials you can usually get a good idea of products from them.

Sorry if Iv rambled there let me know if you need any more help from me.

Emma x

I use Jane Iredale. It’s leaping bunny certified x

Vic x

Thank you, I used to have Jane iredale in my old salon so I did train with them. I wasn’t focusing on makeup as much at the time tho but it’s one to consider

I think most are cruelty free now, as it becoming something people are more aware of, I found this link that could be good for you.
https://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/ultimate-guide-to-cruelty-free-makeup/
There is also lime crime that's not on there.

I would always recommend palettes over single items, even decant your singles like lipsticks and pigments into containers and palettes as it saves so much space.

Morphe palettes are amazing and a good way to build up your kit as the eyeshadow palettes are only £23 there really good quality and lots of colours morphe brushes are also great and cheep!

Good foundation about 5 to 6 colours is a good start and some foundation mixers so that you mix almost all colours you will need and slowly build it up.

I highly recommend zuca cases they are very price but I walk miles pulling mine and had it two years and it's still perfect.

YouTube is also good to look at makeup kits and if you watch some good tutorials you can usually get a good idea of products from them.

Sorry if Iv rambled there let me know if you need any more help from me.

Emma x

Thank you lots for that! I am tempted to do the vegan route so that links come in handy. I’m training in London in a couple of weeks so I’ll see what products they use to get a feel for them but at least now I have an idea of who’s cruelty free etc

I have a Zucca case for my nails so think I’ll get another for my make up. Thanks for all the tips!

Thank you lots for that! I am tempted to do the vegan route so that links come in handy. I’m training in London in a couple of weeks so I’ll see what products they use to get a feel for them but at least now I have an idea of who’s cruelty free etc

I have a Zucca case for my nails so think I’ll get another for my make up. Thanks for all the tips!

I love zuca they are so expensive but I'm a bit obsessed lol.

Ye I know Kat Von d is vegan too, it's just depends on if you mind companies that are linked or sell in china ect. As Mac sold in the U.K. Is cruelty free, but because they sell in china that has to be tested on animals because of there laws so lots of vegan artists won't carry Mac because of this, it sometimes takes a lot of digging.

There's also palm oil to look out for as while it is technically vegan it's farming kills animals so again depends how strict with it you want to be.

Happy to help.
Emma x

Arbonne have an amazing vegan, cruelty free mineral makeup range.
I have a friend who uses their products as a solid base and adds little bits and pieces around that to what she finds is good to work with x

Illamasqua, Revolution, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced and Veil are all cruelty free and mostly vegan xx

Hi, I’m just started up as a makeup artist and continuing with my nails.
I’m all for cruelty free products and wondered if there was many MUAs who uses only cruelty free brands? If so which ones are the best you recommend please? Also if anyone can advise of products you wouldn’t be without that would be fab

Thank you
Lisa

Hi, I use RCMA, but I’ve been doing makeup for so long and have really whittled down my kit. I don’t need a trunk of Tons of expensive makeup. A good versatile and affordable concealer like Barry m is brilliant, also good for brow products. I’ve spent so much money on high end stuff that is no good, prettymuch the most important is the base but RCMA was about £150. I bought a Charlotte tilbury brow wand but for the amount of marketing that has gone in to it, I was quite disappointed as hardly anything comes out of it and I now just use it to brush brows before applying a brow powder. The MUA (cheap makeup in Superdrug) had this amazing palette I had it years ago it was such good quality and used it for all my brides but when I went vegan the company was very shady about ingredients. Now that palette is confirmed vegan and cruelty free so I can’t wait to repurchase. It’s a dupe of one of the nakeds but I much prefer it.

Hi, I use RCMA, but I’ve been doing makeup for so long and have really whittled down my kit. I don’t need a trunk of Tons of expensive makeup. A good versatile and affordable concealer like Barry m is brilliant, also good for brow products. I’ve spent so much money on high end stuff that is no good, prettymuch the most important is the base but RCMA was about £150. I bought a Charlotte tilbury brow wand but for the amount of marketing that has gone in to it, I was quite disappointed as hardly anything comes out of it and I now just use it to brush brows before applying a brow powder. The MUA (cheap makeup in Superdrug) had this amazing palette I had it years ago it was such good quality and used it for all my brides but when I went vegan the company was very shady about ingredients. Now that palette is confirmed vegan and cruelty free so I can’t wait to repurchase. It’s a dupe of one of the nakeds but I much prefer it.

Thank you [emoji4] I do have a small RCMA palette as I’ve heard good things about them, so is this the one foundation you use? I’ll look into the big one. Can you just get refillables when you’ve used a colour?
It helps so much with tips as we can waste so much money on products like you say! I also have the rcma setting powder, I might have to give these a proper go then! I’ll look into the Superdrug palette thank you lots!

Thank you [emoji4] I do have a small RCMA palette as I’ve heard good things about them, so is this the one foundation you use? I’ll look into the big one. Can you just get refillables when you’ve used a colour?
It helps so much with tips as we can waste so much money on products like you say! I also have the rcma setting powder, I might have to give these a proper go then! I’ll look into the Superdrug palette thank you lots!

Do you have their hydrating lotion? It’s a bit of a weird product. You can’t use any moisturiser first as it just doesn’t sit as well. I have their thinning lotion as you get so much more out of it and the powder as well. Once of those products you do need to match all the steps for. Only experienced one issue which was a lady that said she always gets makeup caking and I was like (yeah whatever) and it also did the same. Pores were a bit large but overall texture was smooth so I was very shocked and ended up using a tarte Amazonian clay foundation of my personal makeup stash and it was thankfully the exact shade for her and that was similar but nowhere as bad. So you might want one backup that is a common light/neutral shade as you can add contour but not lightness.

I’ve not yet had to stock mine up! They should each do 15 faces but not sure about with thinner as it goes very far. I use a tiny shave that’s a couple mm and it’s plenty. I’m very close to using up though. Only use the same 4/5 colours so would definitely get a refill pot and I think they are quite large.

Do you have their hydrating lotion? It’s a bit of a weird product. You can’t use any moisturiser first as it just doesn’t sit as well. I have their thinning lotion as you get so much more out of it and the powder as well. Once of those products you do need to match all the steps for. Only experienced one issue which was a lady that said she always gets makeup caking and I was like (yeah whatever) and it also did the same. Pores were a bit large but overall texture was smooth so I was very shocked and ended up using a tarte Amazonian clay foundation of my personal makeup stash and it was thankfully the exact shade for her and that was similar but nowhere as bad. So you might want one backup that is a common light/neutral shade as you can add contour but not lightness.

I’ve not yet had to stock mine up! They should each do 15 faces but not sure about with thinner as it goes very far. I use a tiny shave that’s a couple mm and it’s plenty. I’m very close to using up though. Only use the same 4/5 colours so would definitely get a refill pot and I think they are quite large.

I don’t have the hydrating lotion no, I’ll look into the thinning one tho and a back up. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back