Crystal Nails gel advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy1985

Reaction score
Hiya can anyone tell me what crystal nails hard gel is best to use over tips (I don't sculpt yet).
And do they self level? I have read a lot about the titanium builder but I get the impression it's meant for sculpting.

Thanks
Mandy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was wondering the same but on another forum some one said that the titanium one has a heat spike. X

I've just started using crystal nails I use titanium or extreme but yeah lots of clients are getting heat spike

Dose it hold well?

Both the titanium and xtreme can be used over tips and sculpted. The titanium is a medium viscosity gel so it can self level quite easily (I use it with tips), whereas the xtreme is a high viscosity gel and stays put where you put it (my favorite at the moment as it's so easy to sculpt with). They do have a heat spike, xtreme more than titanium, but there's ways around it. I find it's best to put a thin/medium layer after the base gel and fully cure before going in and doing the apex building to avoid a heavy heat spike. I also hold the client's hand just in front of the light for 10 seconds before allowing them to slowly put their hand in the lamp, so they feel it get warm but not burn their fingers to high heaven.

Despite the heat spike, I prefer the xtreme. It's really strong, and if correct nail preparation was followed, you'll have little to no lifts. I found the titanium a bit too flexible so it doesn't suit my heavy- handed clients.

Latest posts

Back