Custom Blended Manicure Kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just recieved my kit today - been really excited about it. Got to say though, upon openig it im really dissapointed. I already have every single one of the powders in it. I was under the impression it would be different hues of pinks/whites - and a guide and colour chart or some instructions on how to mix them to make more (i.e. peaches,beige's, milky french etc). I wasn't expecting the glittery powders as I thought it was more for natural looking french manicures etc. Also, I thought I would be getting some monomer with it but I didn't. Should it be in there?

:rolleyes:

Sara Satchell said:
Hi Folks,

Just recieved my kit today - been really excited about it. Got to say though, upon openig it im really dissapointed. I already have every single one of the powders in it. I was under the impression it would be different hues of pinks/whites - and a guide and colour chart or some instructions on how to mix them to make more (i.e. peaches,beige's, milky french etc). I wasn't expecting the glittery powders as I thought it was more for natural looking french manicures etc. Also, I thought I would be getting some monomer with it but I didn't. Should it be in there?

You do not get monomer with this kit as the normal Retention+ is what is used. You should have had instructions inside a striped piece of card with basic recipes on for the blending, to make up the basic colour blend to which you can add different other powders depending one what effect you want to achieve. This kit is great for extending the nail plate of nail biters and for anyone with damage marks to their natural nails as these marks can be covered up to leave a perfect finish.

Hi There,

Yes, I did get the booklet but as I said - I thought the recipes would be more peachey/beigey/milky french type colours and that there would be more skin tone/colour chart info.

When I ordered the kit, i asked what exactly came with the kit and the lady definatley said a 4 OZ monomer - obviously she got it wrong!

Just a little dissapointed as I thought i'd be getting new colours.

Sara Satchell said:
Hi There,

Yes, I did get the booklet but as I said - I thought the recipes would be more peachey/beigey/milky french type colours and that there would be more skin tone/colour chart info.

When I ordered the kit, i asked what exactly came with the kit and the lady definatley said a 4 OZ monomer - obviously she got it wrong!

Just a little dissapointed as I thought i'd be getting new colours.

You get a 4oz monomer with the Mosaic kits!

I posted a question about this just recently as I had the Metro and Mosaic kits already and the white and flawless pink and the answer was that I had everything that was required in these....I got my basic blend from the tutorial on here and also details on how to alter the base mix.

It's a shame that you've purchased the kit when you already had what you needed.....can you send it back unused? I don't know what DN policy is on this.

Maybe check again with whoever you bought the kit from and if they still say you should have had monomer then I want to kow what happend to mine!!

The bright side is, now you have little mixing jars to mix different colors for your clients. Just use the powders to refill your big jars as they get used. :)

oh my gosh!!! Dont be so sad hon!! the whole IDEA of this kit is to MAKE a CUSTOM COLOR for your clients!!! Go and read Sam's Tutorial on "Custom Blending it up" and this will become even more clear-

And Elyse is absolutely right- those little jars are a big help to hold just enough for your clients recipe- dont underestimate them!!!

Have FUN- be EXCITED, and go CREATE!!

:Love: NailArtist just wanted to let you know love those watermelon nails!!! So cute!!
xxx

Sara Satchell said:
Hi Folks,

hi. i bought the mosaic kit and flawless pink. every thing is in there including monomer. the blending it up tutorial is fantastic but i havent dared have a go yet cos not worked out the amounts. wouldnt it be great if you could by a ready mixed base then add what ever your client needs to that. does that sound mad.

moanie GND said:
hi. i bought the mosaic kit and flawless pink. every thing is in there including monomer. the blending it up tutorial is fantastic but i havent dared have a go yet cos not worked out the amounts. wouldnt it be great if you could by a ready mixed base then add what ever your client needs to that. does that sound mad.

This might help you with the amounts, it did me!

The measurements are only there so you can easily establish the ratio between the colours.
In other words, you can express the forumla this way:
4 scoops Flawless
1 scoop Perfect Color White
1/25 scoop Melting Pot
1/100 scoop Spanish Tile

(or round abouts ;) )

thanks Cathie, i have seen this but 1/100 looks very very tiny to me. am only beginner but very eager to learn. i will get round to it, just don't want to wast any of that precious powder. must look into courses on subject. only live down road from creative academy in Horsforth so have no excuses..... oh yeah - money!!!

HeatherDavis said:
Go and read Sam's Tutorial on "Custom Blending it up" and this will become even more clear-

I did read this before I decided to go ahead and order.

Nailartist - good point but VERY expensive mixing pots!

:)

Hiya all, i really want to get one of these kits and the metro one, does anyone know where i can pick them up for a good price? many thanks
lv n hugs xxxx:green:

Sara Satchell said:
Hi Folks,

i cant understand why you got this impression????????//it clearly states what you get in this kit

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Hiya all, i really want to get one of these kits and the metro one, does anyone know where i can pick them up for a good price?

If you are Creative trained, then you can order or buy in person the powders and liquids from the One Stop Nail Shop in Horsforth.

If you are not Creative trained then you will have to do a Conversion Class before buying the Liquid and Powder.

Any other Creative products you can buy without a conversion class as long as you produce your certificate when you open your account at the shop.

I was under the impression it would be different hues of pinks/whites - and a guide and colour chart or some instructions on how to mix them to make more (i.e. peaches,beige's, milky french etc). I wasn't expecting the glittery powders as I thought it was more for natural looking french manicures etc. Also, I thought I would be getting some monomer with it but I didn't.

Can't understand why there would be any surprises ... everything included in the kit is stated in the brochure. And No monomer is included with the kit.

Maybe check again with whoever you bought the kit from and if they still say you should have had monomer then I want to kow what happend to mine!!

I repeat: No monomer is included with the kit.

geeg said:
If you are Creative trained, then you can order or buy in person the powders and liquids from the One Stop Nail Shop in Horsforth.

If you are not Creative trained then you will have to do a Conversion Class before buying the Liquid and Powder.

Any other Creative products you can buy without a conversion class as long as you produce your certificate when you open your account at the shop.

Can't understand why there would be any surprises ... everything included in the kit is stated in the brochure. And No monomer is included with the kit.

I repeat: No monomer is included with the kit.

I was fully aware that no monomer is included in the custom blending kit as you will see if you read my reply near the beginning of the thread, where I pointed this out...I was purely joking when I said ''if they say you should have had monomer then I want to know where mine is''!

Latest posts

Back