Customer didn't pay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, she came in today and paid the full amount in cash!!!! I wasn't there at the time so didn't speak to her personally. I've def learned from this and will be taking deposits for the longer apts, also I'll make sure they leave something valuable if they do 'forget their purse'.... or I'll just go with them to get it!!!! Thanks for all your advice, comments and experiences, it's good to know there's people you can talk to who understand and who are there when you need them!! :hug: xx

Just a thought, but beware keeping their phone as security... if they are out to cheat you there could be no SIM card in it and the handset probably a worthless old spare.
good point!
I will remember that!

well ldrake an excellent bit of detective work and hopefully she won't pull that stunt in a hurry.

I would pop into a few local salons and hairdressers and give them a friendly warning.

Thanks Hippy Chick, I def will be warning other salons in the area.... I'd like to know if it was the other way around xx

Well, she came in today and paid the full amount in cash!!!! I wasn't there at the time so didn't speak to her personally. I've def learned from this and will be taking deposits for the longer apts, also I'll make sure they leave something valuable if they do 'forget their purse'.... or I'll just go with them to get it!!!! Thanks for all your advice, comments and experiences, it's good to know there's people you can talk to who understand and who are there when you need them!! :hug: xx

Fabulous!

My hubby is a policeman and he said yes if she hadn't have paid up it would be a police matter as she has obtained something by deception. He also said to take the car numberplate if anything like it happened again.

I'm so pleased you finally got your money.

FANTASTIC NEWS! :)
I am so pleased for you.
I bet you feel so relieved.
Good idea about taking the car number plate too.
x:hug:x

Yes you're so right - she (owner of the shop) took the reg number once she'd left yesterday so I've got it for the other salon now and will be dropping it in later...I just love when things come right, must be my dad watching over me xx :hug:

Yes you're so right - she (owner of the shop) took the reg number once she'd left yesterday so I've got it for the other salon now and will be dropping it in later...I just love when things come right, must be my dad watching over me xx :hug:

Ah you probably don't need to do this as true to her word she came in and paid.

i have to admit that this outcome is the last thing i expected !:lol:

i thought ripping you off was awful, but saying your father had a life threatening health issue is dispicable. i wonder if you will ever know the truth ?

i have to admit that this outcome is the last thing i expected !:lol:

i thought ripping you off was awful, but saying your father had a life threatening health issue is dispicable. i wonder if you will ever know the truth ?

But he may have been ill you never know.

Did anything prompt her to come back and pay? Or did she just literally turn up?

(Maybe she read this thread :lol:)

For proof.
Take a photo of her with your phone before she leaves & say "it is for security measures, & that it is easier & quicker for you than spending time finding it on the CCTV camera".
She doesn't need to know you haven't got one...call her bluff.

Did anything prompt her to come back and pay? Or did she just literally turn up?

(Maybe she read this thread :lol:)

I really don't know what made her come back and pay, maybe she had heard I was looking for her or maybe she really did intend on paying and it was true about her dad... I really don't know. It's just weird that she did exactly the same thing to this other salon but never actually went back and paid them... can't get my head round it. I'm glad I waited until Tues though to give her the chance to do the right thing!! x

I really don't know what made her come back and pay, maybe she had heard I was looking for her or maybe she really did intend on paying and it was true about her dad... I really don't know. It's just weird that she did exactly the same thing to this other salon but never actually went back and paid them... can't get my head round it. I'm glad I waited until Tues though to give her the chance to do the right thing!! x

forgot she did it to another salon but I would like to think she was telling the truth and she did pay for treatment in the end though, which you have to think about before you alienate her from your salon and others. you got paid so that is the important thing, hope her family member is ok though. :)

forgot she did it to another salon but I would like to think she was telling the truth and she did pay for treatment in the end though, which you have to think about before you alienate her from your salon and others. you got paid so that is the important thing, hope her family member is ok though. :)

I know, you're right she did pay in the end and maybe she is telling the truth. If so, I also hope he's OK x

I know, you're right she did pay in the end and maybe she is telling the truth. If so, I also hope he's OK x

:hug: not so much a quote but definitely agree. xx

Latest posts

Back