Cutting long nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondegal

Reaction score
Good morning! Just a simple question and I hope not a silly one! Most of my clients have shorter nails and normally opt for a soak off gel/polish (I don't yet do tips). They normally are growing their nails and this works beautifully with the gel. I do have now, however, a couple with really long lovely natural nails that want them taken down a bit as they are getting too long. What's the normal least damaging way to do this? I have been clipping them with clippers (normal large clippers) before removal of gel to break the seal round the free edge. I'm thinking should I do it after removal? Should I use nail scissors :?: or should I use tip cutters? I hope this doesn't seem like a numb nuts questions but would be very interested to hear your methods :p

I use tip cutters...so so quick and easy :) x

I just use nail clippers x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it is natural nails and you just want to take a little length off then file them.

You can use a clippers if there is a larger amount to take off and then file in to shape.

Thank you all for your responses xxxx

I soak off first then shape,clip or file the nail :)

If the person wants a lot of length off I would probably clip and then shape with a file ,
If just a little length off then file and shape,
If they have a high C curve then you can still use the clippers just be sure to cut at the sides of the nails and not just go for the middle ,
You could all so use scissors , none of these ways are right or wrong but you do need to work with what will be time efficient so clip if they have long nails they want to take short , you see?

I would cut/re shape BEFORE doing your soak off , as after the nails will be temporary Dehydrated so slightly more fragile , and you will be soaking off product you could have just filed off , and any file dust "bits" will be gone by the time you re apply.

Are you talking about enhancement gel , or gel polish ?

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back