Damaging my own nails while working on models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use flexi wrap, the hot pink one. in australia its from hairmart(for any oz techs reading). i tend to run out tho then use bandaids till i buy more. will look at the way im holding clients finger-thanks geeg. my callous is huge on my left index finger,it looks like an extra knuckle
icon_eek.gif
. also my pinky on my right hand always ends up in a lovely pointy shape and i wear the skin away there too! as well as the inside of my thumb on my left hand. by the middle of the week im all wrapped up, esp when using new files.

I wear disposable gloves. Buy them in the supermarket for under $3 a box.Seems to stop me wrecking my own nails.

I am quite lucky .. that I have Double Jointed Thumbs!!!...I can bend my thumb right back....yeah OK it is a bit freaky but it does mean I can have a good grip of my client right down the side of her finger...my problem is I keep filing my middle fingernail into an oval when I am filing my clients nails....very annoying if I actually want squarer nails!!.........
Thanks Geeg for your tip I will give it a try.......

P.S. I once went on a sunbed with some pink flex wrap still on my middle finger....and thought there was a strange bright light somewhere.....OMG that stuff really glows in UV light!!!....like ET's finger!!!

Latest posts

Back