Damp or Dry Pads Under Eyes for Lash Tinting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions peeps. My head is spinning, lol.

When applying cotton pads smeared with petrolium jelly to beneath the bottom lashes, do you use damp or dry pads?

Reason I ask is because I always recall using dry and have never been questioned for doing this. However, a check through my notes stipulates to use damp shaped pads. I know we need to cover the eyes whilst the tint takes with dry pads, but I am now confused about the bottom ones.

I do find that applying petroleum jelly to dry pads extremely frustrating as the pads tend to shed fluff everywhere :irked: and I think damp would be easier.

I've always used damp and it's easy to get the pj on to damp pads :)

I was also taught slightly dampened pads too , :hug: x

I wet them, then press them very firmly between the palm of my hands.

damp for me too xx

Ive always been taught to use damp ones too

I don't use cotton wool pads, I use the eye shields and dampen them. Mind you I don't know who designed them as I have yet to find someone who they actually fit well to!

Thank you all for your prompt responses! I have just managed to phone one of my colleagues who also says 'damp'. This probably explains my previous thread today about tint application and the burning my daughter experienced.

Thank you all again. It really is appreciated! :hug:

a damp cotton wool pad halfed one for each eye apply the pj to skin under eye then that over the top, Bobs yer uncle!!are you not shown all this at college why dont you ask your teacher some advice on the bits your unsure about were all taught slightly different i wouldnt want you not to pass cause cause youve done something that youve not been shown once qualified we all adapt to our own ways of working.:hug:

you must of put in a reply just as i was!!! good luck with it anyway xx

a damp cotton wool pad halfed one for each eye apply the pj to skin under eye then that over the top, Bobs yer uncle!!are you not shown all this at college why dont you ask your teacher some advice on the bits your unsure about were all taught slightly different i wouldnt want you not to pass cause cause youve done something that youve not been shown once qualified we all adapt to our own ways of working.:hug:

We are shown, but there is just so much to learn and sometimes one is bound to get something wrong :hug:. If our tutor does not pick up on it then we coast along thinking 'Happy Days', lol.

There are also times when our notes say 'XX' but our tutor says 'YY' even though another turor says 'ZZ'. For example, our notes tell us to incline the client slightly for bikini waxing. Our tutor prefers us to lay our client flat. When I have questioned this her answer has been, "Because that is what I have taught you to do because it allows for better stretch of skin".

You win some, you lose some, lol. xx

Last edited:
I always use damp. It helps shape the pads to the eyes and stays put better. And eliminates fluff.

xx

ooo eck! your teacher sounds like shes confusing the matter do it the way you need to to pass your exam!!:irked:

I've always had mine done with damp pads. On the top too as well as on the bottom...

I use damp cotton wool aswell x

Ooo how weird, my notes say dry!

I'm going to have a go with damp next time xx

i was taught yrs ago with damp ones then when i re did my training they said dry :irked: , i always do use damp though :green:

I think the reason I didn't think of using damp was that I thought it would dilute the tint, xx

I always use damp pads.

:hug:

yeh we were taught to use damp coz the dry ones suck the tint into em , but then when we were taught to use dry , they said it would dilute the tint , (which your pads are only damp so its highly unlikley ) as most peroxide is 10 vols and you need quite a bit to dilute it any lower , if anything the peroxide would go "off" through not being used straight away or covered etc...

Latest posts

Back