Damp or Dry Pads Under Eyes for Lash Tinting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our notes say use damp for under the eyes, but dry to cover them whilst the tint takes, so that the tint does not bleed into a damp one. But then makes you wonder why you place a damp one under the eyes :rolleyes:.

Oh well, one to ask the tutors after exams, lol.

We taught to use damp cotton pad under the eye but were taught NOT to put anything over the eye whilst the tint was taking. Not sure why tbh.:rolleyes:

I use damp to :hug:

We taught to use damp cotton pad under the eye but were taught NOT to put anything over the eye whilst the tint was taking. Not sure why tbh.:rolleyes:

Same as me. Nothing was ever mentioned about anything over the eyes.

Am doing a year with vctc beauty therpy. we are told to use damp ones.
hope this helps.x:hug:

Same as me. Nothing was ever mentioned about anything over the eyes.

Oh good, glad I'm not the only one.:lol:

I was told to put dry ones over the eye to act as a reminder for the client not to open their eyes,

Why not just use the proper shields, with a little vas..

xx

i was taught with shields didn't get on with them so moved to cotton pads.
about 6 months ago i switched back to shields with vaseline, think it was a confidence thing as i have no trouble with them at all, saves getting fluffy bits everywhere x i also put a pad lightly over the top.

blotting paper with vaseline under the eyes slightly dampened helps flexibility and then dry cotton wool on the eyes to as said remind clients not to open their eyes but more importantly to generate heat and accelerate the peroxide function

Why not just use the proper shields, with a little vas..

xx

I don't use them because I still have to cut them to fit properly. So if I have to go to that effort I may as well save money and do it to cotton pads. jmo:)

I use damp too!

we are taught to use dry ones, but tbh I think they are too 'fat' when used dry, we are taught we may choose to put a dry cotton wool pad over while client has tint on to remind her not to open her eyes too.

To be honest though I think wet and squeezed out will be better underneath the eyes:)

Hi I was trained to use the eye shields but yet to find someone who they fit!! i just put petrolium jelly on the sides and pop them under the eye there good though ive never used cotton wool i just put damp coton wool over the eyes while the tint is developing.:)

I shape a cotton pad, dampen, then split in half. I found doing it this way the pads stay in place better and are more comfortable for the client as they are not bulky;) x

yep me to always damp to avoid bits of flyaway cotton wool and so it dosn't move..:lol:

Latest posts

Back