Dark hair to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cey

Reaction score
Hey guys!
What are the best products to use on natural dark brown hair to get that lush lift?
I am currently using Loreal but I am not happy with results!
I usually get lots of clients with blonde hair and natural dark roots also what do you guys recommend?
Thanks x

What is it that you're not happy with? Examples please.

What is it that you're not happy with? Examples please.

Well the brassyness to begin with, because the majority of my ladies have naturally dark roots for the base I usually start off by using majirel high lift then throw in the highlights because I don't like bleaching the entire roots at the beginning as I don't want to damage the hair.

Eventually it does get lighter and clients are happy with results but I think it need to up my work to the platinum as the ladies are expecting brighter lighter results!

Well the brassyness to begin with, because the majority of my ladies have naturally dark roots for the base I usually start off by using majirel high lift then throw in the highlights because I don't like bleaching the entire roots at the beginning as I don't want to damage the hair.

'Throw in the highlights' I've never heard a hairdresser say that. What do you actually mean?
If you're getting brassy results, what base are you starting from?
You shouldn't bother using highlift tints on anything lower than a 6 as they're not designed to lift from lower levels.

If you're damaging the roots using bleach, you're doing something wrong. What mix are you using? Are you using heat?

Last edited:
I would suggest bleach and tone thats the only way you can u get platinum results with a base lower than 7 , bleach isnt as harmful as alot of people think its only harmful in the wrong hands eg overlapping and using a high volume like 40 vol you should only be using 30vol max.

(Edited to remove technical advice as thread moved to Ask a Pro)

Last edited by a moderator:

If your going to be rude then no one needs your advice.

I would suggest bleach and tone thats the only way you can u get platinum results with a base lower than 7 , bleach isnt as harmful as alot of people think its only harmful in the wrong hands eg overlapping and using a high volume like 40 vol you should only be using 30vol max. x

Thank you for the advice much appreciated xxx

If your going to be rude then no one needs your advice.

AcidPerm wasn't being rude she was asking questions in order to give sound advice as she always does.

Commenting on my vocabulary is rude. I am only here to gain some knowledge and seek advise, we are all professionals here so let's act our age and help each other.

Cassies and AcidPerm are very good stylist especially giving out colour advice and for me as a mobile hair stylist reading there comments through out the forums has widen my knowledge of colour alot and helped me going it alone as a hairdresser so please Haircuts was only trying to get a better picture of the situation thanks

Commenting on my vocabulary is rude. I am only here to gain some knowledge and seek advise, we are all professionals here so let's act our age and help each other.

'Throw in the highlights' is professional?

You women are bored I am not talking to clients? So Immature

I appreciate everyone's advise But I don't appreciate inappropriate comments.

If your using it in a highlighting process but don't want to nessaceraly use bleach I tend to use a base 10 with 12% it tends to give the same life as a bleach, but if you wanted o get rid of the brassy tone there's a new products brought out called pigments and you can basically put a few dropped in your colours and it helps take away and add what tones you want to achieve hope thins helps :)

Aside from feeling people are being rude do you understand what is being said? To use a highlight with 40vol & then going over the top of that with bleach is extremely harsh, you'd be much kinder to the hair to foil, flood with a highlift (which will go yellow on a dark base) then rinse highlift whilst leaving the foils in & tone the highlift with a semi, then rinse your foils. Do the clients want to be super light at the root?

I strongly suspect from the style of language used and the fact she's still not provided any technical info, that the OP is a DIY-er. Therefore, I'm moving this thread to Ask a Pro.

And Again that's rude as I am new to this and still studying. Disgusting behaviour. Thanks for nothing. End of conversation.

Some people have such big chips on their shoulders[emoji85]

Latest posts

Back