Daughter reacted to lash lift glue after fake tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
My daughter reacted to the lash lift glue yesterday, I got the shields on both eyes and she remarked the skin on her lids felt warm, swiftly increasing to “get them off it’s burning” within 30 seconds. Which I did and no harm done.

She has lash lifts regularly (well like you would when your mum does them lol) so last had one 9 weeks ago, and has had about 4 a year for about 3 years. Same glue as I used last time although obv it’s been packed away during lockdown. Would that make a difference to the potency or something?

Only other thing different is that she fake tanned the day before which included a spray on her face. Would that make her more likely to react?

(She lives with me and the mousse tan she did herself btw [emoji16]) She won a couple of awards at a virtual journalism awards night with Uni and wanted some pics, hence wanting the lash lift. She’s not been out out since 2 weeks before lockdown. Feel the need to justify lol, in fact I’m really proud of how seriously she’s taking it all)

Any ideas?

Could she have had Covid-19 at any point?

Hairdressers are being advised to skin test ALL clients before performing a colour service because it’s thought that Covid affects the immune system and it can cause it to attack anything that appears to be a threat, that ordinarily wouldn’t be a problem.

Congratulations to her on winning her award. Proud momma moment for you. :cool:

Thanks for your reply. Oh Lord. Well no symptoms. And she’s seen no friends incl boyfriend since 2 weeks before lockdown. But has been to shops occasionally and she’s very good with the 2m thing but I mean you can’t remove the risk can you? I guess an antibody test is the only sure way of knowing.

She’s reminded me today that it wasn’t just the glue on the lids , it was the gel under eye pads that were burning as well [emoji848]
I never thought of anything like that.

Indeed!! [emoji4] Thank you x

I thought I would just update, to say that we tried again, and this time it was completely successful and no such reaction this time, with it being sometime from her last fake tanning session. Can only presume this is what caused it!

Latest posts

Back