Diacolour/Richesse Developer Vs Low Peroxide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

costcutter

Reaction score
Hi there

Can somebody please tell me if there is that much of a substantial different betweend the two or are they basically the same thing, as I have noticed that the Diacolour/Richesse developers are low level peroxides.

Basically I am wondering if either would be suiotable to substitute for a low level peroxide with a loreal permanant dye like Majirel, if you required no lift, i.e same colour or darker? Would you get the same results you would get with say a 10vol or under peroxide if you didnt have any to hand? Or would the colour simply not develop properly.

Many thanks in advance for the information :)

The colour molecule is different in these ranges compared to majirel, and works with those specific developers, if you however use them with a 10vol if would change the colour make up completely, and your insurance would not cover you.

Hi BlueRinse and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I think I may not of been very clear in my fisrt post as I appreciate the actual colours are different between richesse and the majirel main line. I was however referring to the developers. Perhaps if I explain the purpose a bit better.

The acction will be to lowlight a level 7 base (currently with 8,9 and some 10 highlights) with a level 6 to give more of a deep bronde appearance. The preference was to low light with a Majirely permanant dye rather than gloss in between to avoid any muggyness. Fir that purpose to use 10 vol probably would of been the most obvious solution although there is a bottle of richesse developer to hand which is around 9 vol (I think) and I was wondering if it would suffice keeping the colour true.

I realise that you cannot mix richesse colours with standard peroxide, although are you able to mix standard majirel with a richesse developer without mishap?

I was wondering recently if I could use Wella colour touch developer 1.9 with richesse?

So....then does anybody know if Richesse developer can be mixed with Majirel (say 6.30) then please?

The new dialight developer is 1.9, I'm guessing it should be same as wella col touch developer 1.9. I have a big bottle of this developer and want to use dialight on a client but never intermix different brands.

The new dialight developer is 1.9, I'm guessing it should be same as wella col touch developer 1.9. I have a big bottle of this developer and want to use dialight on a client but never intermix different brands.

Ah on that one then I'm not sure, never used dia light I used to use dia colour though, they changed much? I haven't seen any different packaging in wholesales x

So what would you guys suggest is a good 10vol presoxide I could use with Loreal Majirel then, as Loreal dont seem to do one that I have seen?

So what would you guys suggest is a good 10vol presoxide I could use with Loreal Majirel then, as Loreal dont seem to do one that I have seen?

So this has confused me, ive heard that l'oreal now recommend to use 10 vol for darkening but surely if they dont sell their own brand of 10 vol, this must be incorrect? Maybe email or call loreal and ask them because you dont want to do something that would void your insurance

It's odd they would get rid of it, unless it's only available through loreal? They did this with their shampoo and conditioners until recent x

Looked everywhere (apart from Loreal direct) cant find it. Could anyone suggest an alternative?

Matrix do 10vol and owned by loreal

Latest posts

Back