digital camera

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect ten

Reaction score
you geeks that post really good pictures how many mega pixels do your camera have.

perfect ten said:
you geeks that post really good pictures how many mega pixels do your camera have.

For internet it's not the number of mega pixels as the image has to be made really small anyway. It's about the clarity of the image. Ie in focus and nice colour..! For internet a 1 mega pixel camera is still more than you need :)

HTH

mine is 4.1 mega pixel and it still only takes a good pic when it wants to

mines only 2 million mega pixels so below average by digital camera standards nowdays.
Does an ok job though

Mine is only a 2.0 and takes great pics we have had it for 3 years so when we bought it it was a good one cost us £300, but now like everything it is way behind LOL!

Sydney my little girl droped it in the cellar last week and now you have to put it up to your eye as the view screen does not work took it in and it will be £89 to mend it is not worth it as I can buy a 4.0 for just over £120.

We have seen a great one it is £260 but looks really nice so I will save for that I think.

Caz xxx

I just had a conversation with a photography nut friend of mine! He said to take pictures close up (arm length range) use the macro setting, or in my case, the setting that has the little flower on it. And so far, it's worked better, and the end result is much more clear.

Oh! and make sure that you have plenty of light, the flash isn't always enough by its self

Sorry to jump on the band wagon here but does anyone have the Canon Ixus 40? I'm thinking of getting it as I'm a sucker for tiny gadgets but would like to know if its a decent camera and great for macro pikkies?

If anyone can recommend a good camera otherwise.......

Thanks

My digi cam has 10mega pixels!!!!
Sounds fancy......but we got a great deal on ebay!!!!
I bought it because the macro focus starts at just 19cm.
Macro is what you need for clear close ups!

My camera is pants!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want a new one but I didn't know which one to get!

The higher the pixels the better it is? Is that right?

Tilly Ann said:
My camera is pants!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want a new one but I didn't know which one to get!

The higher the pixels the better it is? Is that right?

not necessarily! as I have said mine is 10 mega pixel but when I am doing close ups I use the 3.1 mega pixel setting.
What i find the most usefull is the macro setting.
you know the setting with a little flower!

Mine is pants too!

It's good if you look rough on a night out though because you can't tell! LOL

Oh I see! I'll try that! They always turn out blurry!

We recently got a new camera, it's fab, it's a Pentax Optio SV - it was about £200

http://www.pentax.co.uk/product_details.php?divisionid=2&productid=1201&parentid=16

Got a good deal on Amazon which was about £60 cheaper than anywhere else (including ebay!!)

It has a Macro facility and a Super Macro facility and takes pictures as close as 3cm :eek: fab for nails, etc.

It uses SD memory cards which was a must for us seeing as our last one used SD cards and we bought loads of them for extra capacity.

It's really dinky, has an amazing array of functions as well as good old point and shoot :D

Would highly recommend it

Trin
xx

Yes this is the setting I use really good.

Caz xxx

twinkletoes910 said:
I just had a conversation with a photography nut friend of mine! He said to take pictures close up (arm length range) use the macro setting, or in my case, the setting that has the little flower on it. And so far, it's worked better, and the end result is much more clear.

Oh! and make sure that you have plenty of light, the flash isn't always enough by its self

Latest posts

Back