Digital wax pot or 1000cc dial one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
Hi i am about to buy perron rigot wax strip and non strip and i dont know whether to buy two 1000cc heaters (Hive) or the dual 1000cc and 500cc heater (Hive).

The dual one is also digital.

I dont know what to do, bit confused

I'd never buy a double heater for the simple fact that they usually have one side that is 500cc. Why they don't make both sides 1000cc I'll never know.

Also, if one side breaks, you're stuck with it until the other side breaks. I'd buy two 1000c's xx

aww cheers for that kim.

So it doesnt matter if the 1000cc isnt digital either.

I have always had the analog round ones, but have one of the new Hive digital ones and really like it.

There is one big problem with it though - you need to press a button to turn it on, and then press it again to put it on High for 15mins to warm the wax. This is a problem because my heaters have always been on a timer, so they switch on before I need them to warm up. With the digital one you can't do this so need to ensure you have that half hour between arriving and getting your first client.

Mat

i am mobile so would this make a difference?

I might get the dial ones but i dont know what settings it will need for each wax.

If you're mobile, buy yourself one of those in car plugs that look the same as a normal socket you have in your house. You plug your heater in and the other end goes in the cigarette lighter socket in the car. x

If you're mobile, buy yourself one of those in car plugs that look the same as a normal socket you have in your house. You plug your heater in and the other end goes in the cigarette lighter socket in the car. x

yeah ok i shall look into that. i dont use one at the moment and find my wax still stays nice and hot.

I was looking to do the course with you kim, (Intimate female) am i best to wait to buy my things until then or get them now?

Oooh I've not seen those Kim. Shall have to investigate as usually I warm
Mine before I leave the house and put it in a warm jacket in the car! Would be much easier with car plug!! Xx

I agree with Kim I actually bought the double one and I find the 500cc is too small and the fact that the lid is off the whole heater as you use it means that the small pot cools quicker so the wax temperature is up and down.
Jack

I had two Hive 1000cc heaters and loved them. However, I did then buy two 1000cc digital ones, and they are absolutely brilliant. However, entirely agree with Fozzyo - it is an issue not being able to set them to come on with a timer, and something they should look into for future models. But after saying that, I'm still glad I got them

Terry

H there Roxie...I already had a 500cc normal heater and ,I'll be honest here, in order to save pennies I bought a 1000cc normal heater. I then did my training with Kim and saw her digital ones and it was lust at first sight!! However, pennies were tight and hey, I just bought a new one..BUT I tried and tried to maintain temperarure with the Euroblond..just couldnt seem to get it right and keep it there for a couple of hours..then bit the bullet and bought a digital one.HURRAH! All prayers answered! Works brilliantly! I now have the Cristal Ocean in the analogue one as it doesnt seem to be quite so picky about the temperature as the Euroblond (or perhaps its just me??).As said before, it can be a pain if you have to use a timer, but I just put it on fast heat about half hour before I need it..seems to be fine for me..To sum up..if timers aren't an issue, go for digital, 2 x 1000cc..its worth it (in my opinion :) ) xx

Latest posts

Back