Dilemma with client booking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Just want to sound this one out ...

I had someone book for a full set for herself and a manicure for her mum the day before her wedding for the beginning of September.

This booking was made months ago when I was still working above the hair salon and I have tried to contact her on several occasions but only been able to leave messages on her answer phone which have not been returned.

So do I now cancel the booking out of my diary as I have made a number of attempts to get hold of her and I don't want to risk turning away other bookings which would lose me money - plus my regulars are booking into September now and they come first in my book.

Or do I keep the space there in case she turns up at the hair salon and then I could still do them?

It wouldnt have been such a difficult decision but it's for a wedding.

Just wondered what you would have done, but I don't feel that I should have to keep trying to get hold of her if she can't be arsed to return my calls.

As you've left messages Sass, I would take it that they're not coming. However, if they phone to confirm their appointment, after you've given their appointments to someone else, I would fit them in somehow. Even if it was out of normal working hours. Only as it's for a wedding though. I wouldn't for it for everyone. xx

i agree, weddings are important so i would leave a space. weddings are also busy times planning etc etc, so maybe calling you back just slipped her mind. maybe shes busy getting the cake, dress etc etc sorted.

if she doesn't turn up then take the opportunity to do your own nails. i would. i know its a pain but after all, she will want to look her best on her day, so why wouldn't she turn up so she can have beautiful nails.

The Law of Sod will say that no matter what I do it'll be wrong! Okay - how about this ... if I phone again and say that I have left several messages to try and get hold of you but as you have not returned my call I have assumed that you no longer want the appointment and will cancel it if I don't hear from you in the next 24 hours. It's a land line number, not a mobile, and I have called a few times over the past few weeks so if they had been on hols then they would at least have had time to reply to one of them! I'll leave them pencilled in, but if another person comes along and they can only take that spot then I think I will have to book it, I have bills to pay (lots of them!)

Sassy Hassy said:
The Law of Sod will say that no matter what I do it'll be wrong! Okay - how about this ... if I phone again and say that I have left several messages to try and get hold of you but as you have not returned my call I have assumed that you no longer want the appointment and will cancel it if I don't hear from you in the next 24 hours. It's a land line number, not a mobile, and I have called a few times over the past few weeks so if they had been on hols then they would at least have had time to reply to one of them! I'll leave them pencilled in, but if another person comes along and they can only take that spot then I think I will have to book it, I have bills to pay (lots of them!)

Sounds good to me Sass. Maybe drop them a line if you have their last name and landline (get their address from directory enquiries). xxx

yes i agree with that too Sassy ... if they cant be bothered to return your calls then I would take booking in their place. We had pre wedding facials and makeup booked in for yesterday adn they didnt turn up and they also have all their wedding stuff booked in for 3 weeks!! I cant believe that she couldnt just cancel the appointment - even if the groom to be has run off with the bridesmaid lol - I am only kidding here coz I dont really know what happened.
Anyway let us know Sass if they get in touch.
JO x

Cheers guys, right then that is what I will do. Can't say I haven't tried.

Hiya xx

Is she having or had her hair done at the hairdressers...? maybe they have another number for her...or contact address...if i couldn't reach her by phone i would send her a note ..just saying do you still want the appointment...if nothing after that then...i would leave it.

I did a brides nails on Friday night...she has been with me for 6 months now...very heavy handed..(mother of 3 kids..cleaning 24/7 etc) i was so worried she would break one b4 she got wed at 2pm on the Saturday...i had clients on sat morning and told them i was on call...until 2pm....then i could relax. We went to the nightime reception and there she was...stunning...beautiful...and all 10 nails perfect...i was so pleased for her. when her and her new husband did the first dance, she had her hands on his back, against his black jacket, everyone was saying "ahhhhh how sweet" i just burst out with "don't her nails look amazing"...lol

I would have thought that if she still wanted the appointment she would have been in contact with you by now. best of luck xxx

Great thinking batman! I'll check with the salon tomorrow!

Well Angie I took your advice and phoned the hair salon where I used to work to check. Yes she is booked in for her hair, and yes she is booked in there for all her beauty treatments too. I'm not blaming the salon because she probably didn't tell them. What really pees me off is that I had taken the trouble to inform her and leave a message twice for her to call me and she didn't have the manners to cancel with me. I know this is evil but I hope she has her own personal rain cloud next Saturday, sorry but I'm human and there is no excuse for being so RUDE!

REALLY gets my goat up no shows.

I had one the otherday and rang to find out if she was coming (never used to but get a sick pleasure out of making them squirm)

She wasnt there....had just gone out on her horse a bloke tells me....so i say i guess she isnt coming for her appointment then......he said 'oh well thats not for me to say' ....T**t just told me she was on a horse she cant be in two places at once !

Like we have nothing better than waiting in all day for them.

Amb x

oh dear

do'snt she know not to mess with the sassy,

what a cheeky mare

better of with out clients like that hun.

Sassy Hassy said:
Well Angie I took your advice and phoned the hair salon where I used to work to check. Yes she is booked in for her hair, and yes she is booked in there for all her beauty treatments too. I'm not blaming the salon because she probably didn't tell them. What really pees me off is that I had taken the trouble to inform her and leave a message twice for her to call me and she didn't have the manners to cancel with me. I know this is evil but I hope she has her own personal rain cloud next Saturday, sorry but I'm human and there is no excuse for being so RUDE!

Sassy Hassy said:
Just wondered what you would have done, but I don't feel that I should have to keep trying to get hold of her if she can't be arsed to return my calls.

I had this dilema only the other day, and this is what I did

a posted a note first class and I requested she called me upon its receipt to confirm the booking as if not i would be cancelled, and kept a copy I felt I was covered and I had done all i could so if she didn't respond that was her tough luck.

Fab Freak said:
I had this dilema only the other day, and this is what I did

a posted a note first class and I requested she called me upon its receipt to confirm the booking as if not i would be cancelled, and kept a copy I felt I was covered and I had done all i could so if she didn't respond that was her tough luck.

Okay I missed the boat on this one - a what a bloody cheek she had.

anyway this is still what I'd have done normally - and don't worry look at it as her loss as I bet her nails don't look as nice as your work would have done

How inconsiderate! Some people just have no respect. At least you don't have to worry about it now though, you can get on with booking in clients who are going to turn up!

if someone else wants the appointment give it to them, but if no body else wants to book there just leave it in.

do you have her address??? you could always send her a reminder card as the last resort.

Its so annoying when clients do this. It pees me right off. You bend over backwards and are like a PA for them, only for them not to appreciate it. Oh well what comes around goes around! Anyone seen the weather report for sat? Oh i know it will DEFINATELY be raining on Sat, how do i know, coz its my birthday and it always rains then!! LOL!

Latest posts

Back