Dip systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleGem81

Reaction score
what's everyone's opinion on dipping systems for example the Entity system and the soon to be launched Gelish Dip.

Is it worth it? What's the quality of product like? Etc.

Hi,

I bought in to the entity dipping system with creative beauty and was really disappointed with the level of training and customer service. I found the products caused my eyes and throat to burn.
That said I found the idea of it and the application easy and it lasted well on most clients, so I'm not closing the door on a dipping system, I will be interested in the Gelish one. Looks like there are some exciting new nail products coming out this year [emoji2]

I wasn't sure at first as I'd always seen tip & dip as an easy, cheap Option. But after having the gelish dip on for Two weeks i love it!
2 weeks on and it still looks perfect. No lifting etc. Natural looking and so easy to apply. x

I've got the kiara sky dipping system. I'm really impressed with it :) I was unsure at first because I didn't want to come across as unprofessional using it. And I know anytime can do it, but now a days anyone can do gel polish but doesn't mean they're good at it. My clients are really liking it x

Are you able to post a pic of your nails cheekychick? I would love to see how it looks to compare to the entity one [emoji2]

I haven't tried them and don't really feel any inclination to if I'm honest.
I don't see them as a professional product that my clients would want.

I've found it suits the odd few clients I have who don't get on with gels. One lady has always had terribly weak nails so we have to keep her gel polish short. But with the dip her nails got to a little length and felt stronger for her. I'm not pushing it on people though, those who get on well with gel polish I haven't really mentioned it as it's not to replace any of my treatments, just another option :) x

Are you able to post a pic of your nails cheekychick? I would love to see how it looks to compare to the entity one [emoji2]

I have holo on at the moment so you can't see much plus they are on myself and I'm pants at filing my own nails but here's a few quick pics. x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487099139.192451.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487099157.482674.jpg

I wasn't sure at first as I'd always seen tip & dip as an easy, cheap Option. But after having the gelish dip on for Two weeks i love it!
2 weeks on and it still looks perfect. No lifting etc. Natural looking and so easy to apply. x
Where did you get the gelish dip done? As it's not even been launched yet? Xxd

They look amazing cheekychick! Thanks for sharing! X

Where did you get the gelish dip done? As it's not even been launched yet? Xxd

I work at head office, perks of the job ;) x

Lucky you [emoji4]. Will the gelish system be the same as the gel colours? And do you have any idea when it's being launched at all? Xxxx

Lucky you [emoji4]. Will the gelish system be the same as the gel colours? And do you have any idea when it's being launched at all? Xxxx

I'm on maternity leave at the moment so haven't seen all of the colours yet. I just did the French pink on myself.
I don't know an exact launch date either. I'm guessing it will be released at the beauty show but don't want to give you wrong information. Just a guess. x

Last edited:
Thank you xxxx

Have used dip acrylic for years and I have just moved over to entity dip and buff my clients love it and say they won't go back to L&P as they like the natural strong finish and super high shine there is definitely technique I've seen many techs buy kits and then say it's not working for them and that's either because they didn't do training or they need a lot more practice
IMG_4401.PNG
IMG_4304.PNG
IMG_4178.PNG

I have holo on at the moment so you can't see much plus they are on myself and I'm pants at filing my own nails but here's a few quick pics. x
View attachment 203576View attachment 203577
At what point did you add the holo, just been to the demo launch and bought the dip system. Was told not to use regular gelish over the top of dip system, to use it on its own. I love the all that jazz holo

Latest posts

Back