Disgruntled customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail buff

Reaction score
Dear all hope someone can help with my problem.
I have a client who asked for a full set of acrylic overlays. I am mobile but also have a permanet nail station in a salon. I went to her house to do them, when I was going through the consultation with her she mentioned she was a hairdresser and I asked her if she had had any problems in the past. She replied that in the past she thought she was allergic to primer and because of this I told her I would leave the primer off, when having a previous treatment at a nail bar they had also left it off she informed me. I told her that this may cause some lifting without the primer ( I did not really want to do the set but she had a christening in a couple of weeks and wanted nail art then also). I completed the treatment and she was happy with the results and paid me, she then booked an infill for 2 weeks time. 10 days after the treatment she called me to tell me she had 2 -3 broken nails and 2 that looked a bit suspect, she asked if she could have them all replaced. She soaked off the suspect nails prior to me arriving, I then went round to complete the infill and replaced all nails that were off, at this point she had no complaints about my treatment and I charged her the standard infill rate but did not charge for replacing the broken nails. 2 days after the infill she phoned to say that one of the nails that I had replaced had come off, she asked me to go over to replace the nail for nothing and she asked for nail art at the same time, I advise her the pricing and booked her in. She then contacted me and stated my pricing for nail art was too much but that she would happily pay £1.50 for the replacement nail. I stated that for £1.50 it was not feasible for me to travel to her and replace the nail and that she could come to my nail bar in a salon and have it replaced for free. She said this was not possible as she was too busy. She has now stated that because I did not replace the nail she wants a full refund for the service she received and reimbursement for having the set fully replaced by someone else (although there was only a problem with one nail). I have refunded her £6.50 so far for the cost of the broken nail and and an inconvenience fee as well as slight charging error on my part. I did not charge initially for the replacement nails but she is still not happy with this. Sorry for the long post but my question is have I done everything I need to to cover myself in terms of my obligation to her as she is still demanding a full refund and wanting (in her words " to take it further "). Any advice would be warmly welcome'd.

omg!!! kick her into touch!!!!!!!

what a cheeky mare!!!!!!! dont give her anymore money and in fact go and get your money back off her!!! im fuming!!! peolple like this really annoy me they are just taking the piss
i think you have been more than helpful and professional buty now she taking the biscuit!!!! mmmmmm biscuits mmmm

I hope you kept a record of all this on her record card!!

She can't really do anything but threaten you ... scare you ... and bad mouth you. She can't legally force you to pay her back.

She interfered with your treatment by soaking off herself ... you never even saw the damage and do not know how she soaked them off. Kind of like when you repair our own appliances and make a mess of it. They always say must be serviced by an authorized dealer .... YOU are the authorized dealer.

This is a perfect example of why you should have your prices set and damn well stick to them. all this " I did this for free and I replaced that for nothing and charged less than normal for this ..." Charge what you charge and don't mess around with your prices. No wonder customers do not take some technicians seriously .... you are running a business ... run it like a business should be run.

I had this exact same thing happen to me last year. she threatened me too, so i got one ahead of her and rang a business solicitor, sho assured me that i had done everything right and that she didnt have a leg to stand on. as geeg said if you got it in writing she cant do anything - if she wants to take you to the small claims court - LET HER - it will cost her alot more than the price of a set of nails. these people probably do this sort of thing all the time, just to get their money back
let her get on with it, and dont worry yourself too much pet, these sort of clients you CAN do without

Well you'd think being a hairdresser that she'd be rather more understanding. I would guess that she gets loads of people asking for their money back from her which is why she's trying it on with you!!

I think you have been more than fair. I've refunded nasty people in the past just to get them off my back and to have a quiet life. But you have no legal obligation to do so, like Geeg says she's tampered with the goods anyway, no telling what else she has done to them.

Face her out and say "see you in court". That'll shut her up!

I've only ever given one refund & that was out of desperation from having an angry relative shouting at me in the middle of my salon & nearly making me cry! Now that takes some doing so it shows how nasty she was. I felt physically threatened by this woman so agreed to the refund to get away from her. (even though when the actual client came in she told me the nails were lovely, they just didn't suit her :mad: ). Other than that, I stick to my guns. I know what I've done, I keep records & the odd complaint, usually the old 'it just fell off, can you stick it back on for free', is easy enough to deal with. I do NO freebies. I found when I did the odd freebie when I first started, clients weren't taking enough care of their nails & expected me to fix them for nothing all the time.

I'd say she knows she doesn't have a leg to stand on. You haven't hurt her, there was nothing wrong with the work & she was happy enough before. If she didn't like your work she should have said so from the start. Sounds like she's just after a freebie. Don't let her get to you, she's just being horrid.

i wouldnt give her anymore money

hi there, thanks for your quick replies,last night i gave her an ultimatum to follow up the complaint,and to put everything in writing, and not to phone me again. I will let you know the out come if there is one. ps. because of this site i can afford to smile now thanks.

Hi

Tell her to hop it! Cheeky mare! Once the client leaves you the nails are her responsibility not yours!!

I will accept responsibility for lifting if its within 2-3 days but i don't tell the clients that and tbh i never get any anyway.

I charge minimum apt fee of £5 and i had a new client and her daughter come in for a set each. Within a week the daughter had broken a nail so came back i replaced it and charged her, the mother looked a little shocked that i charged her :lol:

Well they have both been back today and the daughter had 4 off this time! She didn't come back in between for more repairs, if i had done it for free the first time do you think she would have waited till her next apt?? No she would have come in and expected them for free like the first time!

If i had repaired 4 nails seperately at 15 mins each for free that means i would lose out on a natural overlay or an hour for another treatment!!

Latest posts

Back