Do any techs manage to never get lifting on clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
I would say that after 4 years I'm pretty pleased with where I am and get 'minimal' lifting on the majority of clients...

However, I do have some clients (a hairdresser and a horse keeper being my worst) who get pretty bad lifts, the hairdresser comes every 2 weeks without fail and they take quite a bit of work to get them fresh again.

Is the aim to get ALL clients with no lifting whatsoever? I find most clients would have some, even if it's just a millimetre on one corner...

If so, and some of you get absolutely NONE on the majority of clients, what kind of training (CND) would get me to that stage as I feel I've done everything possible over the years - or am I being unrealistic to expect none whatsoever?!

I thinks you'll always get one or two that have lifting. As long as most clients are ok, everybody's nails and lifestyle is different.

you're horse rider will be the worst I think, I feel so sorry for my poor nails (and as such go acrylic over gel, as gel just doesn't cope) I'm a rider too, so I figure if I can get MY nails to stay on while doing them on myself, I should be home free!! :o I think you'll almost always have the odd case where for some reason they lift

Sorry.. What I'm asking is...

Do we expect IN GENERAL not to get even a millimetre of lifting on the MAJORITY of clients??

Glamour Fairy :)

??

I have a few clients with problem nails that lift, but the majority have very little.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been doing acrylic nails for 6years now and I like to think I'm pretty good now. Regular client base and happy customers however I have one or 2 clients that are serial nail breakers/lifts. No matter what I do or how much aftercare I give! One messaged me this morning saying she won't be coming back because she doesn't want to pay every 2-3weeks.....Erm hello? If you have nails you should have them maintain every 2-3ish weeks grrr

I've been doing acrylic nails for 6years now and I like to think I'm pretty good now. Regular client base and happy customers however I have one or 2 clients that are serial nail breakers/lifts. No matter what I do or how much aftercare I give! One messaged me this morning saying she won't be coming back because she doesn't want to pay every 2-3weeks.....Erm hello? If you have nails you should have them maintain every 2-3ish weeks grrr

How un-realistic is her thinking? sheesh, who needs clients like that!

I have a few clients with problem nails that lift, but the majority have very little.

That's fine - so the aim isn't to get absolutely none?! It's very rare that I get someone with not even a millimetre altho the majority have very very little... was just checking that I'd reached what was possible :)

That's fine - so the aim isn't to get absolutely none?! It's very rare that I get someone with not even a millimetre altho the majority have very very little... was just checking that I'd reached what was possible :)

I'm not sure to be completely honest... If my clients have lifting it's usually near the sides so hopefully some more training will help me with that x

Ive use LCN Gel Nails, and they offer a product called silver connex plus, its a waterlike consistancy in a nail varnish bottle. And I literally never get lifting, ive used it on 2 nurses and carers and a housewife, (dishes, kids, cleaning etc) Im sure there must br something available to fit into you routing....
Hope it helps and sorry if its already been replied to.
(My nails can last up to 4/5 weels before a rebalance is required!!) xxx

I'm not sure to be completely honest... If my clients have lifting it's usually near the sides so hopefully some more training will help me with that x

Its also more likely that they arent using the correct aftercare and exposing to lots of water, heat chlorine, insect repellents and sun creams cause lifting. alternativly the oil has replenished under the acrylic as the nail goes xx

My colleague does my acrylics and I have never ever had lifting. We use brillbird but have used cnd in the past. No matter what she uses they don't budge.
I refuse to do acrylics as I can't get them to stay like she does lol x

Sent from the catphone

I have 2 out of 75 clients who drive me mad! I'm constantly trying to find a way of no lift for them, and now I have. Never thought I would use this product, but I have some secret Nexgen for two clients....no lift now!! But I would not be offering it willy nilly as I don't want to get I to soak offs and back fills, as I use nsi balance gels on all my other ladiies and do straight forward infills.....back fills are a pain x

I've been doing nails for 10 years and don't get much lifting on anyone, but there are a handful, and these are

a) the ones who won't use their oil and won't wear gloves for housework
b) the ones who won't come back quickly enough between appointments and try to stretch to 4 weeks or so
c) the ones who are mega heavy on their hands, for example i have a roofer and a bricklayer among my clients lol

I don't blame myself at all for their lifting. My aim is for no lifting on anybody at all, BUT you can only do so much and after that it's over to them.

I used to beat myself up about it but now I can really rationalise about it, as they all fall into the above categories without exception.

Latest posts

Back