Do cluster lashes ruin your own lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzyxoxo

Reaction score
I have had semi permanant individual lashes before and they damaged my own lashes so much (I had no lashes left)

I just wondered if cluster lashes also ruin your lashes?

I have missed lashes so much (not keen on strip lashes) as I love the volume that I get from them and it makes such a difference, though I don't want my own lashes to be ruined! So i'm trying to think of alternatives lol :)

thanks in advance :)

Yes! It's taken me a year and a half to grow my lashes again and I'm lucky they grew back! I used to have clusters and individuals not together but over the space of 2 years I religiously had my lashes done. I eventually had non left even with proper professional service and Infills and maintenance. I would never ever go back to having them them done again. Yes they look amazing but you feel bare without any. Vicious cycle

Yes! It's taken me a year and a half to grow my lashes again and I'm lucky they grew back! I used to have clusters and individuals not together but over the space of 2 years I religiously had my lashes done. I eventually had non left even with proper professional service and Infills and maintenance. I would never ever go back to having them them done again. Yes they look amazing but you feel bare without any. Vicious cycle
Same here! I had my lashes done for about a year at a very reputable salon, had infills every 2/3 weeks. They advised me to take a short break, and when I looked at my lashes I was so upset, I had no lashes at all. I just wish there was an alternative so I can still have the lashes but without the damage!

There is! Good mascara!! I don't even use an eyelash curler from fear of losing my own lashes now!! I use the benefit roller lash mascara and it's lovely. I'm all about natural lashes now

How about trying a natural lash treatment like LVL. I personally don't like the feel of wearing lashes and the last time I had express lashes done my lashes took months to recover. If choose LVL and a good mascara (Jane Iredale's longest lash mascara is amazing!) any day over any kind of lashes! X

Cluster lashes with the wrong glue will ruin your lashes. Cluster lashes with the correct glue won't. Semi permanent individual lashes applied correctly and with the right aftercare won't ruin your lashes. Unless the tech had applied lashes that are too thick and heavy. Express lashes need to be removed professionally 14 days after application.

Cluster lashes also aren't designed to be worn for long.
And they aren't made to be worn everyday (one set removed another reapplied straight away) they are too heavy, which is why they are known as 'weekend lashes'

Cluster lashes also aren't designed to be worn for long.
And they aren't made to be worn everyday (one set removed another reapplied straight away) they are too heavy, which is why they are known as 'weekend lashes'
This is exactly what I was thinking of having for parties/special events but wasn't sure if they were also going to ruin my lashes

How about trying a natural lash treatment like LVL. I personally don't like the feel of wearing lashes and the last time I had express lashes done my lashes took months to recover. If choose LVL and a good mascara (Jane Iredale's longest lash mascara is amazing!) any day over any kind of lashes! X
I have tried LVL and I love it, the only thing I wish is that it made my lashes look thicker. I already have long lashes but they are thin and lacking in volume. I'll look up the mascara! thanks:)

There is! Good mascara!! I don't even use an eyelash curler from fear of losing my own lashes now!! I use the benefit roller lash mascara and it's lovely. I'm all about natural lashes now
I'm looking for a mascara that's good for thickness/volume, would you recommend this? :)

Cluster lashes with the wrong glue will ruin your lashes. Cluster lashes with the correct glue won't. Semi permanent individual lashes applied correctly and with the right aftercare won't ruin your lashes. Unless the tech had applied lashes that are too thick and heavy. Express lashes need to be removed professionally 14 days after application.
That's what I was told also, though I think the problem was they used too much glue! I'm so scared of trying them again though as it has taken so long to get back to their normal condition again :(

This is exactly what I was thinking of having for parties/special events but wasn't sure if they were also going to ruin my lashes

As long as you go to a decent salon & get them removed properly they should be fine. However it's hard to find techs that do lashes the correct way rather than them doing their own thing trying to make the lashes last longer than they are supposed to and the way they were originally trained. (well in my area anyway)

I'm trained in lashes so I do my own clusters for nights out but I don't offer it as a service anymore. x

As long as you go to a decent salon & get them removed properly they should be fine. However it's hard to find techs that do lashes the correct way rather than them doing their own thing trying to make the lashes last longer than they are supposed to and the way they were originally trained. (well in my area anyway)

I'm trained in lashes so I do my own clusters for nights out but I don't offer it as a service anymore. x
Would love to do my own lol is it difficult to do? xx

No don't do your own. My friend used to do her own and ended up with no lashes too

Benefit roller lash is the best mascara you can build it up and it doesn't crumble or flake and with 3 coats your lashes are really vavavoom

Thanks will give it a go! Do you use this for nights out too?

Thanks will give it a go! Do you use this for nights out too?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459416494.630225.jpg

I've just had a sample of this mascara and it's lovely my lashes look so fake after 2/3 coats and again no crumble

It's Estée Lauder

Latest posts

Back