Do I charge too much for mobile??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trinity Nails said:
You can tell me all about it in the morning, I will have your latte ready for your on arrival madam :D

And we'll put the world to rights

Thank you sweetheart :hug: Mwah!!!

xxxx

i dont think you charge too much... you offer a different service to someone like me in a salon.... you wouldnt catch me in my salon everyday at 10pm!! ....lol

Rose143 said:
Do you know what ..... I was wondering that exact same thing!!! Great minds think alike!!!

xxxx

lol.... im local so i know what salons you are talking abt!....personally i have never rang another salon,.,.... im just a crap lier and i dont really think its worth it... but thats me....

i know that other ppl have rang me up and im sure that ive had the odd person booked in who wasnt genuine in the past....
i wouldnt worry abt the lady/.... there are always going to be ppl who want the cheaper option...
i have noticed recently that every week in the local paper there are salons etc... with offers that scream desperation and i am lucky like yourself nt to have to do the 'offer' every week
i did worry abt everyone dropping their prices but i know that im good at what i do and i have a loyal client base so im also nt going to let 'competition'
devalue what i do and my educational level!

stick with it hun and try nt to worry :)

Jess
xox

ps... did a lady call you a few weeks ago abt her mobile tech letting her down??

Sparklepink said:
i dont think you charge too much... you offer a different service to someone like me in a salon.... you wouldnt catch me in my salon everyday at 10pm!! ....lol

lol.... im local so i know what salons you are talking abt!....personally i have never rang another salon,.,.... im just a crap lier and i dont really think its worth it... but thats me....

i know that other ppl have rang me up and im sure that ive had the odd person booked in who wasnt genuine in the past....
i wouldnt worry abt the lady/.... there are always going to be ppl who want the cheaper option...
i have noticed recently that every week in the local paper there are salons etc... with offers that scream desperation and i am lucky like yourself nt to have to do the 'offer' every week
i did worry abt everyone dropping their prices but i know that im good at what i do and i have a loyal client base so im also nt going to let 'competition'
devalue what i do and my educational level!

stick with it hun and try nt to worry :)

Jess
xox

ps... did a lady call you a few weeks ago abt her mobile tech letting her down??

Thank you Jess:hug: , you make alot of sense. I was also starting to worry about every salon in town dropping their prices, I never did this and that is probably what this lady didn't like ... oh well!!

Yes a lady did call me a couple of weeks ago about her mobile tech letting her down, how did you know?

xxxx

Rose143 said:
Hi Peeps,

I received a call today from a woman who saw my advert in the newspaper, she asked me how much I charge for a manicure and pedicure and what it included, so I explained my mini manicures cost £10.00 which include cuticle work, a shape and a hand massage and take about 20 minutes. A classic pedicure is the works except for a mask and that is £25.00. I did say that any polish would be extra as it takes extra time. She then proceeded to tell me that she can go to her local salon down the road and pay £35.00 which includes polish on her hands and toes and she doesn't know why I am so expensive if I don't have any overheads!!! I don't own a salon, I don't have rent to pay!! I thought, you cow!!!!

I got so defensive, and I shouldn't have done, and told her that I have a massive clientele that say to me that I provide a more luxurious service and more professional service than any other salon in town. I also told her that I have to pay extra for business insurance on my car, I cover a 15 mile radius and don't charge extra, I also work from 10 am to 10pm. I said to her if you feel cheated paying my prices then go to your local salon but bare in mind that I charge what I feel I'm worth and my clients pay my prices without a problem so that must tell you something. I also mentioned that I do not use low cost products.

This is really bugging me now, what are your opinions?? It felt like she was atacking me, as if she'd deliberatley phone me to have a go!!!

xxxx

Hey Rose - I haven't read any other reply - just read your post and jumped straight in.
Lesson 1 - NEVER GET DEFENSIVE:Look_left , it looks like you are giving excuses for being expensive even though you are not.
LESSON 2 - when replying to this type of citicism, remain CALM and PROFESSIONAL and give perfect answers to WHY you charge premium prices.
Lesson 3 - Practise three (3) good reasons for your prices and LEARN THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN. The next time this happens, you will have 3 legitimate and honest reasons to answer with, in a professional and confident manner.
The 'cow' :rolleyes: :) on the end of the phone won't have any option - she will either go for it or not... for evey not, there will be another Yes! :hug:

Rose143 said:
Thank you Jess:hug: , you make alot of sense. I was also starting to worry about every salon in town dropping their prices, I never did this and that is probably what this lady didn't like ... oh well!!

Yes a lady did call me a couple of weeks ago about her mobile tech letting her down, how did you know?

xxxx

cos i passed your no. on to her... somehting abt her other tech letting her down v v last min .... i think it was kinda late when she rang and i was choca and i thought you mite be able to help her out.. i think she had a crimbo do the next day

Mrs Geek said:
Hey Rose - I haven't read any other reply - just read your post and jumped straight in.
Lesson 1 - NEVER GET DEFENSIVE:Look_left , it looks like you are giving excuses for being expensive even though you are not.
LESSON 2 - when replying to this type of citicism, remain CALM and PROFESSIONAL and give perfect answers to WHY you charge premium prices.
Lesson 3 - Practise three (3) good reasons for your prices and LEARN THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN. The next time this happens, you will have 3 legitimate and honest reasons to answer with, in a professional and confident manner.
The 'cow' :rolleyes: :) on the end of the phone won't have any option - she will either go for it or not... for evey not, there will be another Yes! :hug:

Thank you Mrs Geek :hug:

What a fab idea, I'm gonna think of my best reasons and memorise them!!!

I think I sounded quite anxious to her, I stumbled over my words alot because I've never received a call like that before, it was quite unexpected. Normally every call I receive ends up being a booking and a very happy client. You are right though CALM and PROFESSIONAL is the key!!!!

xxxx

Sparklepink said:
cos i passed your no. on to her... somehting abt her other tech letting her down v v last min .... i think it was kinda late when she rang and i was choca and i thought you mite be able to help her out.. i think she had a crimbo do the next day

Yes my love thank you so much for that, I did ask her where she got my number and she couldn't for the life of her remember as she was so rushed off her feet. Thank you for that :hug: glad we can help each other out here and there!

xxxx

Being on the defence is only natural.
However Do not sell yourself short because someone down the road is cheaper. Advising a client with confidence and constructively that you believe your service is top notch says it all.

You are as competent as the next person so charge what you are worth

Rose you do have overheads. Probably the biggest one in fact. That is your time. You have to allow 30 minutes to set up, pack up and travel to your next client, even longer in peak times. All the time you are doing this you are not earning when a salon based person would be. I calculated I could do an extra two clients a day at least by working from home. That equates to a minimum of £40. Now to rent space in most salons is no more than £20 a day. So you can see, your overheads are MORE than a salon renter ... and that doesn't take into consideration your car etc.

People like this get up my goat. If they don;t like what you offer, or your prices then **** off!!! Let her go to an NSS where she can have her feet massacred with a cheese grater!

Rose,

Everyone wants something for free. You could have said you charge 10p for a pedicure and the silly mare still would have told you she could get it for cheaper!

Rise above it...if plenty of people are paying your prices without quibbling then your prices are right.

At the end of the day we are here to make money not provide a charity service....let he go and enjoy her cheap service elsewhere!

Sassy Hassy said:
Rose you do have overheads. Probably the biggest one in fact. That is your time. You have to allow 30 minutes to set up, pack up and travel to your next client, even longer in peak times. All the time you are doing this you are not earning when a salon based person would be. I calculated I could do an extra two clients a day at least by working from home. That equates to a minimum of £40. Now to rent space in most salons is no more than £20 a day. So you can see, your overheads are MORE than a salon renter ... and that doesn't take into consideration your car etc.

People like this get up my goat. If they don;t like what you offer, or your prices then **** off!!! Let her go to an NSS where she can have her feet massacred with a cheese grater!

Lol!!! Just love your last paragraph, it's so graphic!! :lol:

That is a very good point Sass, overheads = time, makes alot of sense!!!

xxxx

bless ya rose your really not having a good week are you? You dont need clients like this do you! dont let her get to you, Im sure your services are worth every penny you charge, and more! x x x x

wondernail said:
Rose,

Everyone wants something for free. You could have said you charge 10p for a pedicure and the silly mare still would have told you she could get it for cheaper!

Rise above it...if plenty of people are paying your prices without quibbling then your prices are right.

At the end of the day we are here to make money not provide a charity service....let he go and enjoy her cheap service elsewhere!

You're right!!

However, I am thinking it could be another salon or mobile nail tech new to my village as Jess mentioned earlier. I heard of her trying to get one of my clients to have her nails done by her instead while with my clients neighbour. My client said no as she was very hapy with hers and wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. Apparently this girl has heard of me. My client came back to tell me that her neighbour's nails were the thickest she'd ever set eyes on and this tech was adamant that they would last three weeks with no lifting. My clients exact words were, "Rose even I could tell they're not gonna last and I'm not qualified" I felt very proud after that!!!

If I think back to the telephone call, she did sound awfully confident and assertive and since when does a client question overheads!!!!

xxxx

harvey said:
bless ya rose your really not having a good week are you? You dont need clients like this do you! dont let her get to you, Im sure your services are worth every penny you charge, and more! x x x x

Thank you my darlin :hug:

xxxx

Latest posts

Back