Do people do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rac__hel

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392367848.963359.jpg
Is this just a toner + higher volume?
Do people do this?
What is the point?
What do you use?

From what I know its when they use a clear colour Colour thats normally used for glosssing to bump the base . From what ive seen on youtube its for inbetwern h/l appointments and want to soften your roots . I knw redken do a clear not sure about other brands . Never done this myself tho x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats what ive learned from seein a few vids on youtube when u type in basr breaker .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used Luo to tone before which lifts the root as it's 25vol. Great for blondes that have had quite a bit of root and have full head highlights as it colours all the remaining root too

I sometimes use a luo po1 inbetween root applications and it lifts the root as its 25vol

Luo colour is good for base breaking/ bumping the base. I have also seen it done with chromastics clear and diarichesse clear+15vol.

Some people use a clear or level 10, some use a light ash shade to neutralise slighlty, and some people use products specifically for this purpose- goldwell has one. It is usually left on for about 5 mins, so a quick application.

Most people just use it too lift the natural colour by one shade to soften the contrast between the lighter highlights without exposing too much warmth.

The photo looks lifted a lot though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

How does the clear work as I thought it just adds shine and doesn't colour at all? X

There's a product from Goldwell for this I believe it's call 5 minuet blonde it's applied at the basin and rinsed off after 5 mins. Used it a few times myself and it is good for taking the contrast down at the roots and on short styles at the back (like if you put highlights in it would look spotty) x

Wouldn't it by the next appt (assuming another 3-6 weeks otherwise it's pointless using it like this) be orange /copper then when you foil it will be foils > dark roots in between > brown zone 2 > blonde zone 3

How does the clear work as I thought it just adds shine and doesn't colour at all? X

The clear is used purely for the lift, it doesn't add tone.

Usually do this on short hair at the back where it's too short for highlights so it's not so top deck. Use Goldwell 11V and 9% at basin for 5 mins

The clear is used purely for the lift, it doesn't add tone.

I didn't realise it lifts x

Is it applied just on the roots ? Would you not end up with banding ?

Is it applied just on the roots ? Would you not end up with banding ?

Depends in what way your using it really. If its to freshen up a colour in between hilights then all over or as a toner x

There's a product from Goldwell for this I believe it's call 5 minuet blonde it's applied at the basin and rinsed off after 5 mins. Used it a few times myself and it is good for taking the contrast down at the roots and on short styles at the back (like if you put highlights in it would look spotty) x

This is amazing product called new blonde I use it tons - no obv regrowth and no warmth either .....very natural just like your natural colour but lighter

is there a wella product for this and would you use it with pastel or 20 vol?

I've used 10/16 with pastel on my own hair for this previously. X

I've used 10/16 with pastel on my own hair for this previously. X

So what's the procedure? apply to roots/regrowth, leave for 5 mins rinse or shampoo and that's it?

I left mine for well longer than it needed, 30 on roots & 10 on ends xx

Latest posts

Back